DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Air 3 Battery Problems

TexasStar15

Reactions
I've had my DJI Air 3 for 2 weeks now and have really enjoyed it, went out and flew this morning. Came home and went to charge the battery back up and for some reason there's only 2 lights on the battery and it's only charged to 44% after over 3 hours of charging. Everything worked fine the last time I charged it. Anyone know why I've only got the 2 flashing lights and why it won't charge up any further before I contact DJI. Oh by the way I only have the 1 battery and I'm charging it with a USB C cable. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• 20230823_181327.jpg
    20230823_181327.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
What kind of charger are you using?

USB C cable that plugged into my Samsung phone charger, been using it since I got the new drone with no problems till today.

USB C cable that plugged into my Samsung phone charger, been using it since I got the new drone with no problems till today.
I recommend at least a 30 watt USB-C PD charger for proper charging. 65 watt is better.

Reactions: davidarmenb
I've had my DJI Air 3 for 2 weeks now and have really enjoyed it, went out and flew this morning. Came home and went to charge the battery back up and for some reason there's only 2 lights on the battery and it's only charged to 44% after over 3 hours of charging. Everything worked fine the last time I charged it. Anyone know why I've only got the 2 flashing lights and why it won't charge up any further before I contact DJI. Oh by the way I only have the 1 battery and I'm charging it with a USB C cable. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Sometimes if the battery is still warm it won't charge and only one green light will stay on. Did you let it cool down?

The Air 3 battery requires a charger with a much higher power output. 65W for a USB-C port to get the full charge you will need. Since the Air 3 comes shipped without a charger, I also found this out using my dji charger from my Air 2. It took almost 18hrs to get a charge of 4 leds on the battery before I could fly my first flight. And the dji brand of charger for the Air 3 or Mavic 3 Line is hard to find, Back order / Out of Stock in most places.
I found a USB-C 220W charger that works really good on Amazon for under 60 bucks. See Link below
Amazon USB-C 220w fast charger Amazon.com

Your welcome.... : )

Attachments

• USB-C Fast Charger 220w.jpg
    USB-C Fast Charger 220w.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 9
20V x 3.25A = 65 watts. It doesn't mean it'll put out that much juice but it should be close enough. But I think the builtin charge interface on the drone probably doesn't take as high a voltage. It could just be the 12V.
But yeah that'll work. And BTW you should let the drone and battery cool off first before charging. So remove the battery after your flight right away.

@RangerEd, you need to get up to speed on the Power Delivery standard.

The Sink (in this case the drone) controls the voltage.

The charger in question can put out 5, 9, 12, 15, or 20V, depending on what the device requests.

Reactions: 3rdof5
Anker 737 120w Charger on Amazon about $70 US, anything less than 100w useless

If you're buying a charger may as well go big. Amazon.com Something like that is going to cost more but you can charge at 100W single device, or you can use both USB-C ports at the same time although at a lower power (charge your Air3 battery and a controller or phone at the same time.)

I have a 240 watt GaN Pro Charger from Amazon. Takes care of all my Mavic 3 and mini 3 devices very well. Has 5 outputs, 3 USB C PD and 2 QC 3.0

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope