DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI AIR 3 RC 2 CACHE videos

danCER

Reactions
Ok this is tough. DJI support could not help or even understand what I was asking.

If I turn the RC 2 on but NOT the AIR 3, then go to ALBUM, I can see CACHE videos. If I try to locate the CACHE files on the RC 2 storage, I can not.

Can anyone tell me how to access the CACHE videos on the RC 2. I have connected the RC2 via USB to PC and searched every folder and sub-folder to no avail.
Thanks

I always remove the SD card from the aircraft and copy them to my PC

Reactions: Jack in Dixie
I always remove the SD card from the aircraft and copy them to my PC
Me too. But those are the hi-res mp4 that the drone recorded straight to the SD card. I am speaking of CACHE videos.

I can't help you there as I don't have the RC-2. However, you can find the manual (PDF) here.

Check this YouTube video out to see if it helps. I think you have to share them to a file first. Or, Hang in there, someone that has the RC-2 will help, I'm sure

Ok this is tough. DJI support could not help or even understand what I was asking.

If I turn the RC 2 on but NOT the AIR 3, then go to ALBUM, I can see CACHE videos. If I try to locate the CACHE files on the RC 2 storage, I can not.

Can anyone tell me how to access the CACHE videos on the RC 2. I have connected the RC2 via USB to PC and searched every folder and sub-folder to no avail.
Thanks
I just tried it on my RC2, album then at the top choose aircraft , not saved and I saw my cached videos .
Hope this helped.

Mike

I just tried it on my RC2, album then at the top choose aircraft , not saved and I saw my cached videos .
Hope this helped.

Mike
Thanks, Mike. Yes you can see them--the cached videos--and even play them, but you can only delete or add them to Favorites by clicking on the top right checkbox icon. You can't download them from there.

Thanks, Mike. Yes you can see them--the cached videos--and even play them, but you can only delete or add them to Favorites by clicking on the top right checkbox icon. You can't download them from there.
I installed this on my computer , when I connect the controller to my computer it is a file transfer program so you can manipulate all files on sd card or internal memory of RC2 :

I encountered a similar issue when trying to locate and download the cached files from the DJI RC2 controller.

I first tried to access the cashed files with my MacBook Pro M2 2023 running OS Ventura 13.3. However, the RC2 controller was not being recognized, and Android File Transfer failed to detect the controller.

Here's a solution that worked for me: (Using a windows 11 PC or laptop)

1. Turn on the RC2 controller.
2. Connect the RC2 to a Windows PC (I was using Windows 11) using a USB-C to USB-C cable.
3. The RC2 controller should appear in the Explorer window as "DJI RC 2."
4. Click on "DJI RC 2" and navigate to the following path:
This PC\DJI RC 2\Internal shared storage\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\MediaCaches

You should now see your cached files and be able to copy them to another location on your PC. This method allowed me to successfully transfer files from the RC2 controller to my Windows PC.

Bonus: The files for the favorites album are here:
Click on "DJI RC 2" and navigate to the following path:
This PC\DJI RC 2\Internal shared storage\DCIM\DJI Album

Nice to have this as a backup plan just in case you lose your drone but need to recover some of the footage, even if its super low resolution.

*** NOTE: The above procedure only works if you have enabled "Cache When Reorcding" on the drone.
To check and or set this:
1. Turn on the RC2 controller
2. Turn on the drone (Air 3 in this example)and connect to the controller
3. press the three dots in the upper right to get to the settings menu
4. go to the camera settings
5. scroll down to find " Cache When Recording". This had to be enabled or there are no cache files for you to view on the controller.

I encountered a similar issue when trying to locate and download the cached files from the DJI RC2 controller.

I first tried to access the cashed files with my MacBook Pro M2 2023 running OS Ventura 13.3. However, the RC2 controller was not being recognized, and Android File Transfer failed to detect the controller.

Here's a solution that worked for me: (Using a windows 11 PC or laptop)

1. Turn on the RC2 controller.
2. Connect the RC2 to a Windows PC (I was using Windows 11) using a USB-C to USB-C cable.
3. The RC2 controller should appear in the Explorer window as "DJI RC 2."
4. Click on "DJI RC 2" and navigate to the following path:
This PC\DJI RC 2\Internal shared storage\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\MediaCaches

You should now see your cached files and be able to copy them to another location on your PC. This method allowed me to successfully transfer files from the RC2 controller to my Windows PC.

Bonus: The files for the favorites album are here:
Click on "DJI RC 2" and navigate to the following path:
This PC\DJI RC 2\Internal shared storage\DCIM\DJI Album

Nice to have this as a backup plan just in case you lose your drone but need to recover some of the footage, even if its super low resolution.

*** NOTE: The above procedure only works if you have enabled "Cache When Reorcding" on the drone.
To check and or set this:
1. Turn on the RC2 controller
2. Turn on the drone (Air 3 in this example)and connect to the controller
3. press the three dots in the upper right to get to the settings menu
4. go to the camera settings
5. scroll down to find " Cache When Recording". This had to be enabled or there are no cache files for you to view on the controller.
I can do the same on my M1 Mac with Android File Transfer. The Mac sees the RC2 just fine. Maybe reinstall the Android File Transfer app?

Reactions: ChampFlyer
This may or may not be helpful. Turn the drone off then attempt to access all files on the RC. The controller is connecting to the Drone while its on and showing cached images saved on the Drone. It killed me to learn this as I spent like 2 hours trying to find cached images on the RC2's internal storage that didn't exist on the controller but rather were cached images of files found on the drone it was connected to. I think the RC has about 13-15 GB of internal storage (32 total but 10 being used for "system files).

Reactions: ChampFlyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne