DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Air 3S ND Filter Set (ND8/32/128)

cammot53

Reactions
I’m trying to figure out how to best use the camera filters that come with the Air 3S. Is there a good source that explains this? Also, is there one all-purpose filter that works best, like the ND8, ND32, or ND128? Most of my shooting will be landscapes and general video. Which filter should I use, and when should I switch between them? Thanks!

How dark sunglasses should I wear during daytime..? ;) Well that depends on how bright it is... & it's the same for ND-filters. So no, "one all-purpose filter that work best" doesn't exist.

Read up about the purpose of ND-filters when filming here ---> Why You Need ND Filters for Video – Kolari Vision it's a short article that explains it rather well.

And for drone filming the effect they try to achieve in the article by means of a ND-filter, doesn't need to be considered if you fly with speed further away from either ground or objects than approx. 30 meters (or doesn't use faster panning's in your vids).

And if you doesn't notice the bad effects they describe in the article, skip using ND's... why try to solve something if you don't have a problem.

And... using ND's when taking stills isn't recommended at all... will only increase the risk of blurry photos due to an unnecessary long shutter speed, only use them here for special artistic purposes, like creating smooth blurry flowing water or light streaks from cars for instance.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PolKrestof