DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Album/DJI Record album on my phone?

MoFoHo

Reactions
Hi all Mavic pilots!
Just a quick question, about these 2 folders full of media on my phone (LG V20)?
I know that media such as photos and videos are recorded in their full fat monty on the micro SD card, obviously.

So what's the deal with these 2 folders on my phone? I shot my 1st video today (trailing my cat around the neighborhood- an eye opener), and a couple of glitches aside, I'm very impressed with the (silent) video stored on the SD card. But there's the exact same footage on my phone! Complete with sound! And there's duplicates of any photos I've taken too. Is there any reason for this? Are the photos/videos of the same quality captured on the SD card? (10 mins of 1080p footage took up nearly 2Gb!). What is the purpose of these duplicates being on my phone? Is there any downsides to deleting them, or editing them?
The video clip threw me as I wasn't expecting sound, it's as if the app on my phone both captured voice prompts from the DJI Go4 app, AND recorded ambient sound from my phones mic as well!
Unless the Mavic Pro camera also records sound? But it was my understanding that it didn't...

Sorry for the hopelessly newb questions folks!

Phone captures audio from your position plus video at a lower res from the the Drone. Obviously drone vid is the higher res.
Handy if you are happy with a quick low res output say to YouTube or just to show someone.

Phone captures audio from your position plus video at a lower res from the the Drone. Obviously drone vid is the higher res.
Handy if you are happy with a quick low res output say to YouTube or just to show someone.
Thanks for the quick reply :)
Does this happen with ALL captured media? Doesn't it quickly fill up the phone?

In your app you can set the cached video size, usually 2 gb is good, to clear after it reaches that amount. Make sure App and everything is turned on and connected when you make any settings changes.

Gotcha, thanks. I'll certainly be mindful to do that. On re evaluating the footage, it's clearly not the same quality as that recorded to the SD card. But it's a clever idea, recording local sound from the phone. I forgot to stop recording too, so was glad the file on the SD card was intact.
I was a bit taken back by the size of the file though. 10 mins of 1080p25 took up nearly 2Gb.

How much space would a similar duration of 4K footage amount to?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom