DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI and Android

So sick of going out to get good footage and the app always crashes.Cant have no smooth day of filming with android

Same here - I had to switch to an iPad Mini 4. Haven't had any issues since. Also had gimbal spazz-out issues that went away in iOS. Versions didn't seem to matter (6.0 vs 7.0). Had multiple Android devices over the last year and had the same results.

Anyway I'm glad to have the ipad mini 4 now as its much better viewing than my S7 Edge and it fits in the controller without a tablet adapter which is awesome.

Im on lgv10 the only time i have an issue on it is when i access the photo n video it black out so from then on i just pull out the sdcard and access it through a pc :)

Same way I felt, is as much as I dislike IOS I now have a Mini 4 and a Air 2

Same for me, i had to retire a perfectly good high end Samsing 16:9 format tablet and purchase a very overpriced mini4 ipad.
My S7 also started crashing after the Go4.0.7 update was forced on me.

Prior to that forced update everything worked perfectly!

My timeline:

LG G5 running 4.0.5. Zero issues.

S8+ running 4.0.5. Zero issues.

S8+ running 4.0.7. Zero issues.

S8+ running 4.1.0. Complete basket case.

S8+ downgraded to 4.0.5 backup. Zero issues.

S8+ upgraded back to 4.0.7. Zero issues.

Welp, hate to add to the confusion but I was able to get through a few batteries with no crashes or issues at all using Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8". Its a fresh build of 7.0 so probably the issues I had were just isolated to my S7 Edge. I have another S7 Edge with fresh build I will test too.

But so far the Galaxy Tab is as solid as the iPad mini 4. It seems to pay to have a dedicated device though, thats for sure. No matter which OS you prefer.

Welp, hate to add to the confusion but I was able to get through a few batteries with no crashes or issues at all using Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8". Its a fresh build of 7.0 so probably the issues I had were just isolated to my S7 Edge. I have another S7 Edge with fresh build I will test too.

But so far the Galaxy Tab is as solid as the iPad mini 4. It seems to pay to have a dedicated device though, thats for sure. No matter which OS you prefer.

It works for you because you have the 710 model number which is the older model. If you had the newer 713 model, it wouldn't work so well. The newer s2 tab doesn't connect properly unless you restart the tablet with cable attached AFTER everything else is on (mavic, controller).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx