DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji and Microsoft

Controlling my drones with a notebook would be a terrific improvement over the smartphone's display, and with 8 GB RAm and a good i5 Mobile CPU the DJI GO 4 app should run as smooth as never before, and we'd all forget the "caching has stopped because cache is full" messages. I just guess how the RC could be attached to a notebook... if connected via a USB-MicroUSB cable, one could fit it where he likes, even keep the remote in his hands and the notebook on his lap

Warning - lots of computer jargon here:
This is more about the data the drone collects and how you can interact with it. It is not about the software and firmware used to fly the drone. It is also clearly targeted at industrial application although it will be interesting to see how it is applied to consumer scenarios eventually. They did a demo using a MA and showed how they could fly the drone over a mock up of some industrial facility to do real time defect recognition during a visual inspection of piping. The video data was streamed back to the PC which used an Azure application to recognize the defect and put a rectangle around it on the video as the MA was flying around the piping mock up.

As far as Windows 10 on a drone, that is not what they talked about. It was Windows 10 IoT (Internet of Things) and is about sensor fusion and processing at the edge of the cloud (e.g. on the drone) instead of transmitting the data to a compute device in the cloud. The drone they actually talked about that would support Windows IoT was the M210 because it had sufficient compute to actually run the app onboard so you would be able to run the anomaly detection app on the drone and it would send back the data.

No thanks, it will be more interesting if they partner with Apple in creating a drone that have the logic board and processor from Apple.
Ha ha, that's funny. You know that since about 2006 Apple switched to intel based processors. The only thing that's different between a Windows PC and a Mac is the OS. (think how boot camp works)

Reactions: JoMaMa
True but Mac and other platforms are getting popular because a lot of people dislike windows 10 GUI. I went all Mac because windows 10 is so horrible to me. Windows 7 was the last best OS that Microsoft made that had the same Windows 95 traditional interface.

True, but Windows 10 is getting popular again because a lot of people dislike the OSX GUI and the inflated prices of Mac hardware. You need to spend at least $2k to get Mac hardware that can properly edit 4k video, where half of that will get you a very capable Windows machine. I went back to Windows 10 because it's a modern OS with a superior user interface, and because I could get far more capable hardware for my budget. ;)

No thanks, it will be more interesting if they partner with Apple in creating a drone that have the logic board and processor from Apple.
If Jobs were alive that may actually happen, then again if Jobs were alive he may be too paranoid to do it. I’d rather believe they'd partner and make one hell of a sick *** drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980