DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI.... ANOTHER STEP BACKWARDS?

It's beside me how this "LEADER" in drone technology could even release a new drone with out these BASIC functions. It's a real head scratcher. Very disappointing.

Indeed, that's something you don't hear on those YouTube "test" videos of the Air2. Also the range of the Air2 is disappointing to say the least.

Indeed, that's something you don't hear on those YouTube "test" videos of the Air2. Also the range of the Air2 is disappointing to say the least.
I have mixed feelings on the range. I've seen some videos where it goes over a mile without losing a single bar, and some where they lose connection around a mile and a half. So, I don't know. I'm wondering if some people haven't read the manual on how to point the antenna toward the AC. Or maybe it's just that some people received lemons. PhillyDroneLife, although a bit unorthodox, went nearly 2 miles over a densely populated area in Philadelphia. (this guy cracks me up! Very enthusiastic, in a Philadelphian sort of way.)

I checked the DJI fly app. And I do have the gimball advanced settings for setting gembal speed and smoothness. I have the air 2. But... I had a mavic mini (sold it and bought the air 2) so I didn't download the DJI fly app again. I just used the app formerly with the mini and now with the air 2. Perhaps that is the reason for having these advanced gimball settings.

Reactions: Thomas B
I checked the DJI fly app. And I do have the gimball advanced settings for setting gembal speed and smoothness. I have the air 2. But... I had a mavic mini (sold it and bought the air 2) so I didn't download the DJI fly app again. I just used the app formerly with the mini and now with the air 2. Perhaps that is the reason for having these advanced gimball settings.

My guess is you’re checking those settings without having the drone connected. In which case they will be there but once you connect the drone they will disappear

Reactions: Wild Wayne
My guess is you’re checking those settings without having the drone connected. In which case they will be there but once you connect the drone they will disappear

Nope. Just checked. Connected the Air 2 to the RC and DJI Fly app. Took off and while the drone is hovering I checked the controll menu --> Gimbal -->advanced --> speed and smoothness are present in the menu and I can use it.

I'm using the DJI Fly app on an iphone 11 pro max and using the MA2 in the Netherlands, Europe. Perhapd the Fly app is region dependend? Don't know why I have these options and for what reason, except that I pre-owned the mini before I bought the MA2

Wow, that’s bizarre to say the least. I know at least one other Mini owner that is now complaining about those options missing on the Air 2. Also, it was confirmed by the moderators on the DJI forums that the Air 2 does not have this function. Do the settings actually do what they’re supposed to?

This is how it looks for the Air 2, really disappointing......

View attachment 101183

I do NOT want to sidetrack this discussion about the missing Gimbal adjustments...they are badly needed. My understanding is that these adjustments were available to early beta testers of the Air 2 but were mysteriously dropped upon official launch.

However, I do have a problem/question concerning the options for Gimbal Mode in the screenshot above.

Can anyone explain the difference between the two options shown (Follow Mode vs FPV mode)?

I have read the documentation and I have exhausted my brain power but I still do not understand what each of the options would do, what affect they will have in my camera view or when I would choose one option rather than the other.

Thanks for your help!!!

Why am I not absolutely outraged over this? Weird...

I have noticed that the gimbal speed seems to accompany the mode that it’s in.. Tripod mode and a very slow and steady gimbal speed..
Yep, I noticed this, I've been flying in tripod mode mostly and its pretty darn slow

I do NOT want to sidetrack this discussion about the missing Gimbal adjustments...they are badly needed. My understanding is that these adjustments were available to early beta testers of the Air 2 but were mysteriously dropped upon official launch.

However, I do have a problem/question concerning the options for Gimbal Mode in the screenshot above.

Can anyone explain the difference between the two options shown (Follow Mode vs FPV mode)?

I have read the documentation and I have exhausted my brain power but I still do not understand what each of the options would do, what affect they will have in my camera view or when I would choose one option rather than the other.

Thanks for your help!!!

FPV mode will allow the camera to rotate when panning left and right

Hi What version of the DJI Fly app are you using?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31