DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2.0.6 on Windows 10 kaput?

Me too, no problems.

Seems as though folks running the later version(s) are running into certificate issues. I'm good for now, but have Win7 and WinXP machines ready for whatever might pop up later. And there's always my iPad Pro if all else fails.

Hi,

Am i the only one who got this banner on windows 10 now refusing to run their latest DJI assistant?
i tried to uininstall it and it refuses to install - shows same thing saying it is 'blocked for my protection'. i got instaler running from CMD in the admin mode but it then refuses to start with a same cry as shown below.
i gotta say it is something new.

am i the only lucky one with this? has a certificate expired for the DJI app? or is it a new windoze 10 glitch?
i have the same problem after reading your post i tried to open my dji assistant and found this same issue?

Reactions: Thealien
I've had DJI Assistant 2 (latest version) running for months, but now every time I try to run it Windows blocks execution with the message in the post above. My PC is running Windows 10 with the latest system updates (other users with non-up-to-date Windows systems might not be affected).

From what I can see, DJI will have to fix the Code Signing Certificate.

I'm aware that I can force it to run by lowering the security shields on my PC, but that's not an option in my case. I prefer to maintain a safe machine and just not run DJI Assistant 2 until this issue is resolved.

Larry

Good old windows 10. Been nothing but a royal pain for me, especially after an update there's always some kind of glitch. Yet others just love it, go figure.

Anyways, have you tried to 'right-click' the shortcut of icon and the 'run as administrator'? This will usually give you a chance to bypass that issue. Worth a try.

Good old windows 10. Been nothing but a royal pain for me, especially after an update there's always some kind of glitch. Yet others just love it, go figure.

Anyways, have you tried to 'right-click' the shortcut of icon and the 'run as administrator'? This will usually give you a chance to bypass that issue. Worth a try.
Running as administrator has no effect, and I wouldn't expect it to, given the nature of the issue. Only DJI can fix this.

Larry

Had the same issue yesterday, opened the command line with admin privileges, navigated to the app and initiated it there. It ran fine that way.

Reactions: larryc43230
Had the same issue yesterday, opened the command line with admin privileges, navigated to the app and initiated it there. It ran fine that way.
I can confirm that this works (I used the Windows PowerShell app in Admin mode).

Anyone using this method will have to do the command line or PowerShell routine every time they need to launch DJI Assistant 2. Even though I used DOS before Windows was a twinkle in Bill Gates' eye, these days it's a nuisance to have to jump through these hoops just to get a program to run. I'm trusting that I won't have to use the program much between now and whenever DJI resolves the security certificate issue.

Larry

I've had a Mavic Air gimbal malfunction recently and DJI Support said to upgrade the firmware using DJI Asst 2. I had to explain this was not possible as I was running Windows 10 and they needed to fix their certificate. I'm not wanting to turn off my computer's security or program checks because they can't be bothered supplying software with valid certificate.

btw, this is why it all happens. quite a shame DJI is in this position.

View attachment 65776

It's worse than it looks. Not only are DJI still using a certificate that is about to expire *and* has been revoked, but they are using one that was issued by WoSign. WoSign and the corporate partner, StartCom, were both blacklisted as Certificate Authorities in 2016 for repeated breaches of the code of conduct CAs are supposed to operate under (hence the revocation).

I guess DJI didn't get the memo about all WoSign/StartCom customers neeeding to acquire a new certificate from a different CA before they got blacklisted. There was a grace period, but Google and Mozilla's expired a long time ago, looks like Microsoft finally caught up as well.

On the plus side, there's supposedly a new version of Assistant on the way...

Mine totally locked me out and breaching my own security on my server is completely out of the question these days. I hope they get it fixed soon so I can correct my own problems. Sheesh DJI~

Mine totally locked me out and breaching my own security on my server is completely out of the question these days. I hope they get it fixed soon so I can correct my own problems. Sheesh DJI~
so, for now the only relatively safe workaround is this - you go to the search prompt in left lower corner, type 'cmd' and start it as an administrator. then, inside of that session, go to the directory where the 'DJI Assistant 2.exe' file is and start it manually by typing its name. then it will start.

Reactions: larryc43230
I had this issue today. I spent hours reviewing related posts, some of which included scary instructions on registry modification. I tried the program on both my desktop and laptop with the same results. None of the security (Windows Defender) workarounds overcame the problem.

I decided, firstly, to try the firmware update with the controller. Both the geo fence and firmware update went flawlessly for a change.

Afterwards I uninstalled DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.7.exe then downloaded and re-installed the application on both computers. On both computers it worked fine after reinstallation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007