DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2 doesn't recognise my Air 2

Alleyoz

Reactions
I'm trying to ensure everything is up to date. My Air 2 is connected to my computer, the SD card info shows. Assistant 2 is open, I'm logged in, but it just shows the round picture of a USB plug and says 'how to connect Inspire 2?
I can't see any options to do anything.
On my Android Galaxy Note 9 it says my Aircraft Firmware is 01.01.0610
RC is 02.00.1200
App version is 1.2.1
Any ideas?

What PC are you trying to connect to, connection problems with DJI Assistant 2 are usually related to:

1) Mavic Air 2 is not turned on before connecting to the usb
2_ Mavic Air 2 is not recognised due to issues with the usb drivers, which need to be reinstalled from the DJI assistant 2 application folder

Reactions: hiflyer201
Right, thanks for that.
The drone was turned on before connection, but I was unaware of the driver reinstall required. I'll look into that.

The reason I turned to Assistant 2 was because, when I checked for updates in the App, there was no response whatever. There was no message to say that I was using the latest firmware, or that an update was needed. However, things changed when I downloaded the latest version, (1.2.4) of the DJI Fly App from the DJI download site. The App has updated the Mavic Air 2 firmware as well.
Thank you for your response, there's a lot to learn :).

The reason I turned to Assistant 2 was because, when I checked for updates in the App, there was no response whatever. There was no message to say that I was using the latest firmware, or that an update was needed.
A nickel's worth of free advice: do your drone/controller/whatever firmware updates from DJI Assistant (on a PC) rather than the phone/app.

Reactions: hiflyer201
A nickel's worth of free advice: do your drone/controller/whatever firmware updates from DJI Assistant (on a PC) rather than the phone/app.

Why? If you're phone is connected via Wi-Fi, then no real difference in getting updates / etc, so don't see your rationale. Yeah, if your NOT connected to Wi-Fi with you phone - then doing so via a PC will be much faster.

What PC are you trying to connect to, connection problems with DJI Assistant 2 are usually related to:

1) Mavic Air 2 is not turned on before connecting to the usb
2_ Mavic Air 2 is not recognised due to issues with the usb drivers, which need to be reinstalled from the DJI assistant 2 application folder
I have a Windows 10 Desktop PC. It's up to date.
You mention issues with the usb drivers. What is the process for reinstalling those drivers?
I don't see any Air 2 drivers in the application folder.

I have a Windows 10 Desktop PC. It's up to date.
You mention issues with the usb drivers. What is the process for reinstalling those drivers?
I don't see any Air 2 drivers in the application folder.

See the file path circled in red, then run the relevant batch file if you have 32 or 64bit windows 10.

1612440298436.png

Last edited:
Reactions: s2seyecle
Reactions: InvisibleName
Why? If you're phone is connected via Wi-Fi, then no real difference in getting updates / etc, so don't see your rationale. Yeah, if your NOT connected to Wi-Fi with you phone - then doing so via a PC will be much faster.
For me, the answer has always been to go to DJI first... cut out the 'middle man' in the process. That's reason #1... Reason #2... Going through DJI has always worked for me. When I had problems (going via App) and changed to DJI site, success occurred. I just went with success. (matters not whether Go4, Mimo, Go, or Fly Apps, or with Firmware updates).

Reactions: NG Wildman

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929