DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2 - Will Not Run on Windows 10 - It does NOW !!!

RedBird2020

Reactions
DJI Assistant 2 version 2.0.7 released 3/21/2019. It appears to have fixed the problem with running on Windows 10, at least it did for me.

This app has been blocked for your protection
DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2.0.6.exe

Don't have to go change the regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\EnableLUA to 0

NOW set back to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\EnableLUA to 1

NO MORE Block Message

Worked for me with normal install when I set it up on my desktop in January.

Issue occured with version 2.0.6. It had signature from a CA with a revoked certificate. Yours from January was an older version.

It must have upgraded itself to the version you had because I just tried to open it and it is blocked now. I'll uninstall and load the load the current version. Thanks for posting this up. I haven't worked with Assistant 2 for a couple weeks.

Just ran into this issue today in anticipation of the arrival of my Mavic Air. On Windows 10 I could not install the Assistant software from this link off the MA page v1.2.4 released 5/16/2018: DJI Mavic Air – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI ... the install is blocked even if run as admin.

Came across this thread DJI Assistant 2 1.2.4 Exe file is not running on Windows 10 laptop which linked to the "Mavic 2" and an Assistant software version 2.0.7 released just yesterday 3/21/2019: Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI ... this one installs fine.

To clarify, I can use this Mavic 2 Assistant for the Mavic Air?

It should be backward compatible.

According to the DJI Assistant 2 release notes

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/dji...ssistant+2+For+Mavic+Release+Notes(2.0.7).pdf

Aug 23th, 2018 DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v 2.0.0 Added capability for the Mavic 2 series.

v2.0.2 added the support for the DJI Goggles and DJI Goggles RE

V2.0.4 added the Mavic 2 Enterprise and controller

v2.0.6 added the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual and Dual controller

v2.0.7 Fixed an issue where the assistant software cannot be installed and used on some Windows 10 systems

It says: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic Release Note so that should include the Mavic Air also

Try it and chime back in and post what you find out.

It says: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic Release Note so that should include the Mavic Air also
No.

DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic supports only
DJI Assistant 2 supports:
  • DJI Lightbridge 2
  • MG-1
  • Matrice 100
  • Takyon Z318 und Z420
  • E5000
  • Ronin-MX
  • Matrice 600
  • Datalink Pro
  • D-RTK
  • Takyon Z425-M und Z415-M
  • Osmo Mobile
  • Mavic Pro
  • Snail
  • Takyon Z14120
  • Matrice 600 Pro
  • Inspire 2
  • Agriculture Solution Package 1.0
  • DJI Goggles
  • Datalink 3
  • Spark
  • Mavic Pro Platinum
  • DJI Goggles RE
  • Mavic Air

No.

DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic supports only
DJI Assistant 2 supports:
  • DJI Lightbridge 2
  • MG-1
  • Matrice 100
  • Takyon Z318 und Z420
  • E5000
  • Ronin-MX
  • Matrice 600
  • Datalink Pro
  • D-RTK
  • Takyon Z425-M und Z415-M
  • Osmo Mobile
  • Mavic Pro
  • Snail
  • Takyon Z14120
  • Matrice 600 Pro
  • Inspire 2
  • Agriculture Solution Package 1.0
  • DJI Goggles
  • Datalink 3
  • Spark
  • Mavic Pro Platinum
  • DJI Goggles RE
  • Mavic Air

Thanks Keule for the Correct Answer and update info. Thumbs UP !!!!

Yea just tried it and it wouldn't recognize the Mavic Air. I just wanted to use it for visual detection calibration to be super safe (it just arrived in the mail) but was able to fly fine anyway.

It looks like they are deprecating the Assistant software (based on the indication of there not being any further updates), but it would be nice to have one that works for Windows 10 in case we do need to do something that is not in the app like visual detection calibration.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo