DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2

Beta Pilot

Reactions
New, I went to DJI assistant and plugged in my mavic and was instantly prompted to intall the updated firmware. Well, I don't want to do that, but would like to use the assistant program.

Is there a work around to using the program?

I am wondering if I have to update the Firmware 1st before I get the assistant 2 options. IF that is true then maybe down grade back to .700 which it shipped with. ADVICE ?

OR, am I supposed to connect just the mavic and not go through the controller........

I was wondering ther same thing never had the mavic hooked up to my PC yet. Mine came with .700 andd never had a reason to. But was wondering in case i have to calibrate the front sensors. I dont want to upgrade from .700 since i dont have any problems.

I am wondering if I have to update the Firmware 1st before I get the assistant 2 options. IF that is true then maybe down grade back to .700 which it shipped with. ADVICE ?

No you don't need to upgrade the firmware to operate DJI Assistant or get the options. The only thing you have to do is to be logged in to your DJI account. It can even be a different DJI account than the one you registered your drone with. Or it can be an anonymous account. Makes no difference.

Anonymous DJI Registration

OR, am I supposed to connect just the mavic and not go through the controller........

You should connect one at a time through Assistant (and if you're not upgrading firmware, there's pretty much no need to ever connect the controller).

I recently downloaded DJI Assistant 2 to my desktop just so I could get familiar with the program. Does the computer need to be connected to the drone or controller to run the program? When I run DJIAssistant2.EXE on the desktop, all I see is a round window in the middle of pretty much a blank page. Below this round object is the text "how to connect to inspire 2". If I click on that text, a Window's warning pops up asking if I want to allow this software to make changes to my computer. I would not think this is a normal procedure. What am I doing wrong?

Reactions: javelina and Mr G
that's the normal connection page as soon as you connect a dji device it will change and have a icon for the device connected

Reactions: Mr G
I've tried DJI assistant 2 with 1.1.2 and 1.1.6. I get the same thing as fiftiesnut describes. Pretty much the blank screen and the "how to connect to inspire 2" Nothing beyond that with the connected AC...

Reactions: fiftiesnut
figured it out... I'm running Win8.1.. I had to do the old unsigned drivers trick thingy... Once I did that, I was able to fire up DJI assistant 2 1.1.2, and it picked up my Mavic. I'm now installing the firmware update to the bird, and the controller will follow shortly.

I am having similar issues with Assistant 2 not recognising my Mavic. I am running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1
Is there a setting I need to change to allow these programs to get along?
I am hoping to calibrate the front sensors as they will not calibrate manually via the remote (square dance)...
Thanks team.

Hi Guys,

Anyone know if its still possible to download an earlier version of dji assistant (1.1.2). I need to use dev tools in order to try to fix an issue with a "bricked" drone. New dji assistant is very limited and I cant figure out how to enable dev tools.

cheers
Abel

Hi Guys,

Anyone know if its still possible to download an earlier version of dji assistant (1.1.2). I need to use dev tools in order to try to fix an issue with a "bricked" drone. New dji assistant is very limited and I cant figure out how to enable dev tools.

cheers
Abel

Mac
Windows

Reactions: smurfslayer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member