DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 DJI Avata vs DJI FPV Drone at Cemetary Road Congress Arizona

Nice video. Just a tad too long for my taste.

Nice video. I like the Avata footage best. Closer to the scenery.

Yeah, I admit flyiing the Avata low is more exciting than the faster FPV drone, but it comes with a LOT more risk! I crashed the Avata on my first flight here late in the afternoon up near the top of the mountain and decided to try to retrieve it before dark. 2500' away and 400' up the mountain in thorn scrub desert with massive boulders. I reached the area just before dark but abandoned the search as darkeness set in. I made it down the mountain OK, but it was totally dark when I reached the base and I was still 1/4 mile from our camp site which could not be seen. I called my wife and had her turn on the lights in the camper and wave a flashlight but still could not see it. I walked in the direction I thought we camped (fortunately the right direction) and still could not see it. Called her again and had her holler my name in the darkness. That worked, probably only because we were in the desert and I could tell the direction she was calling from. That probably would not have worked so well in a forrest with all the echoes. Anyway, I hiked back up next morning and retrieved the drone, it was stuck in a bush but otherwise unharmed.
Nice video. Just a tad too long for my taste.
Thanks for watching

Yeah, I admit flyiing the Avata low is more exciting than the faster FPV drone, but it comes with a LOT more risk! I crashed the Avata on my first flight here late in the afternoon up near the top of the mountain and decided to try to retrieve it before dark. 2500' away and 400' up the mountain in thorn scrub desert with massive boulders. I reached the area just before dark but abandoned the search as darkeness set in. I made it down the mountain OK, but it was totally dark when I reached the base and I was still 1/4 mile from our camp site which could not be seen. I called my wife and had her turn on the lights in the camper and wave a flashlight but still could not see it. I walked in the direction I thought we camped (fortunately the right direction) and still could not see it. Called her again and had her holler my name in the darkness. That worked, probably only because we were in the desert and I could tell the direction she was calling from. That probably would not have worked so well in a forrest with all the echoes. Anyway, I hiked back up next morning and retrieved the drone, it was stuck in a bush but otherwise unharmed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13