DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI bad cables....

SoapyGolem

Reactions
Hello everyone I been having a issue with the little cable on the side of the remote USB to lighting, the cord just keeps getting damaged and all messed up, has anyone noticed this? Or does DJI cover this under warranty i put a picture so it makes sense

Attachments

• IMG_0241.JPG
    IMG_0241.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 144
Need to see how it affixes on the remote, that's the source of the problem after all. You say it keeps getting, but you don't say how. At any rate, DJI is a ***** to get anything done, so you'd best baby that sucker as long as possible.

does DJI cover this under warranty
It sounds like you're saying it was damaged by using it. If that's the case, DJI will not cover it under warranty.

If you need to purchase a new cable, you can get one here on Amazon or directly from DJI here.

Last edited:
Hello everyone I been having a issue with the little cable on the side of the remote USB to lighting, the cord just keeps getting damaged and all messed up, has anyone noticed this? Or does DJI cover this under warranty i put a picture so it makes sense

I'd look into adding some protection for that. Indeed, I'm inspecting mine as soon as I hit reply.

Does DJI's warranty cover a $5 cable? Seriously, if they did, would you go through that pain for a $5 cable?

Stop using it. I had so many disconnects with it. Just use the USB port on the bottom of the controller. It'll save wear and tear on the charging port of the controller too.

My bad cable is all my own fault.. Jammin in the phone and not notice that the cable is bent.. :/
Using a Xpera Z5 and got the Nugat update at the same time the problems started, so didnt catch the bad cable until i was up in the air.. lost all signal and controll (even all via the RC), it did a RTH after 30 sek and landed spot on the starting point..
I guess it was because of a short in the cable that also messed with the controller..

So be aware of the cable when u "jamm" the phone in =)

DSC_0051.JPG

Reactions: voongnz
My bad cable is all my own fault.. Jammin in the phone and not notice that the cable is bent.. :/
Using a Xpera Z5 and got the Nugat update at the same time the problems started, so didnt catch the bad cable until i was up in the air.. lost all signal and controll (even all via the RC), it did a RTH after 30 sek and landed spot on the starting point..
I guess it was because of a short in the cable that also messed with the controller..

So be aware of the cable when u "jamm" the phone in =)

View attachment 7607
This happened to me almost identically but with a S7 edge and nougat. It did a RTH and landed spot on in the middle of a field from its starting point. After about 30 seconds too.

Really do have to take care when mounting the phone and also when folding back the controller. Sometimes the slider 'sticks' and you pull on the cable and sometimes the usb/lightening end doesn't line up with the groove on the controller.

Last edited:
Its all that bending when you fold the remote or open it to put your phone in. In my opinion the phone holding section of the mavic remote is a garbage design unless you own an iphone 6 or later with no case on it.most phones are too think with cases to fit in properly . Second in my case, whenvever i pull my nexus 6p out of the cable, it freakin just yanks the whole plastic bracket out of the controller.. What non sense...

My cord never worked out of the box. Got dji to replace it and it still doesn't work. It will not connect to the Mavic. I purchased a 12 inch cord on eBay and not a problem since. I believe there is an issue with the connector on the controller but, it still charges and I connect my phone through the USB underneath. This works best for me.

Its all that bending when you fold the remote or open it to put your phone in. In my opinion the phone holding section of the mavic remote is a garbage design unless you own an iphone 6 or later with no case on it.most phones are too think with cases to fit in properly . Second in my case, whenvever i pull my nexus 6p out of the cable, it freakin just yanks the whole plastic bracket out of the controller.. What non sense...

If you mean the little plastic rectangle widget, I haven't had mine in there since after the first flight - I don't even know where it is. Just take care when folding the holder arms so the connector goes into its little recess.

I have an iPhone 6 plus with the leather case. Works fine but I think it's a bit hard on the leather ...

I think the ph mounting section is ok designed. I think the designers didn't want too wide tolerances to accommodate phones with cases.

For me it's the connecting part. Yes sometimes my phone takes the cable out of the slider on the controller too(im sure this is common for everyone). And just bending from use.
Luckily its just a cheap fix and luckily its not proprietary and we have other cables and ways to connect.

Was having the same issue, emailed DJI they are sending me a replacement but I've been using the OEM iPhone cable and it works best, a bit to long but can deal with it. out of the box the one from DJI was giving me connectivity issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman