DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Brand Lens Filters - Where to buy?

TrayBoz

Reactions
After much debate, and talking to a few drone repair technicians, I've finally decided to order the DJI brand lens filters for the mavic. I

've been convinced that the gimbal motor is just SO fragile and light-weight, that putting ANY significant weight on it will eventually damage the gimbal motor in the long run. And the DJI's are obviously the lightest in weight since they're just clip-on. I also understand that they're probably the most fragile and easy to break and/or scratch, but I'm willing to pay that price vs. straining or damaging the gimbal motor.

Does anyone know WHERE I can buy the DJI brand lens filters? DJI and B&H and others that I have looked at all show OUT OF STOCK. Any suggestions? Or can anyone turn me on to some good lens filters that are equally light-weight?

Reactions: Supercae
Sorry. I think @Advexure may provide good information, and may actually get a supply soon. They have a few things DJI doesn't such as Mavic prop guards and props. They have fast shipping and ship out within 24 hours.

TrayBoz...are you in the UK?

If so, I got mine from HobbyMounts...they were out of stock but emailed me with stock after a week or so. They were in a foam box too :)

After much debate, and talking to a few drone repair technicians, I've finally decided to order the DJI brand lens filters for the mavic. I

've been convinced that the gimbal motor is just SO fragile and light-weight, that putting ANY significant weight on it will eventually damage the gimbal motor in the long run. And the DJI's are obviously the lightest in weight since they're just clip-on. I also understand that they're probably the most fragile and easy to break and/or scratch, but I'm willing to pay that price vs. straining or damaging the gimbal motor.

Does anyone know WHERE I can buy the DJI brand lens filters? DJI and B&H and others that I have looked at all show OUT OF STOCK. Any suggestions? Or can anyone turn me on to some good lens filters that are equally light-weight?

You will not be satisfied with the DJI brand ND filters. They are not available at the moment either. I purchased the PolorPro filters made specifically for the Mavic Pro. I have the UV, CP polarizer, ND4/PL, ND8, ND16, ND32 and they work great. They are made with the highest medical grade glass and coatings.
c7a276da0ecf5350035761c57a8859e3.jpg

I ordered the DJI filters from DJI and waited 5 weeks then I decided to order from a company on Amazon that said 3 day shipping. I did not bother to cancel The DJI order because I thought the Amazon third party seller was going to scam me with a long delay. Turns out he did ship in 3 days but the package got lost by USPS. 3 weeks passed and the Amazon seller refunded me my money and that same week the order from DJI arrived LOL.

Here's the kicker,,, about 4 weeks after that, the USPS ones arrived!
Now I have 2 sets!

I love these filters because they are super light and cause less wind flickering on the camera. Having a backup set is good because their lightness also makes them easy to break. So far very happy with them.

Rob

Does anyone know the weight of the DJI filters? I've seen numbers for the Tacos, PolarPros, and Freewells but not the DJI ones..

Does anyone know the weight of the DJI filters? I've seen numbers for the Tacos, PolarPros, and Freewells but not the DJI ones..

They weigh about 0.35 grams!!!
It almost feels like you have nothing in your hand.

Rob

Have just ordered the polarpro cinema nd filters, should I be worried about the effect on the gimbal? I gather they're just over 1g each?

Have just ordered the polarpro cinema nd filters, should I be worried about the effect on the gimbal? I gather they're just over 1g each?

I wouldn't worry about it, there's many people that have used polar pro cinema filters including myself with no negative effects.

Reactions: GSARider
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N