DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Cache and DJI Album folders in my smart phone

Dronenewbie8

Reactions
Hello. I use an Android phone attached to my RC with the Mavic 2 Pro.

In my smart phone are two folders: DJI Cache and DJI Album.

1) The DJI Cache folder contains very low res image files. Can someone tell me exactly what these are and what I should do with them?

2) The DJI Album folder contains hi res JPEG files (8 - 12mb).
a) Why are these in my phone?
b) Since these are in my phone is this increasing my mobile data usage fees? If so, how do I turn off storing image files in my phone?

3) The JPEGs in the DJI Album look like the two attachments. What do the icons in the thumbnails stand for?

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    673.3 KB · Views: 20
They're cached images from your flights, and copies of any stills you took manually during the flights. They seem to appear in realtime so they're either being transferred over the RF link via the RC or WiFi if in range (I've not been bothered enough to experiment and find out), so there's no impact on your phone's data plan.

DJI Go will automatically prune the thumbnails, oldest images first, once your cache fills. There's a setting in DJI Go that governs how much storage space the cache is allocated if you you want to reduce it; mine is set to the default (2GB in my case, but that may vary depending on phone specs).

They're cached images from your flights, and copies of any stills you took manually during the flights. They seem to appear in realtime so they're either being transferred over the RF link via the RC or WiFi if in range (I've not been bothered enough to experiment and find out), so there's no impact on your phone's data plan.

DJI Go will automatically prune the thumbnails, oldest images first, once your cache fills. There's a setting in DJI Go that governs how much storage space the cache is allocated if you you want to reduce it; mine is set to the default (2GB in my case, but that may vary depending on phone specs).
I always forget about the lo-res cache files that are recorded on your phone. I could dictate a verbal description of what I am filming.

Thanks for your reply...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ