DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI care for Air 2

Vol4Life

Reactions
Not seeing the DJI care for the air 2. I see the refresh but not the original insurance. And has anybody used DJI care before and is it worth it. Sounds very well worth it to me was just wondering how good the service is from DJI. Thanks

Refresh is the original insurance.

Refresh+ is the extension after Refresh expires.

I went ahead and got it just because it seemed to be a bargain compared to what third-party services were wanting to charge. Who knows if it's worthwhile, but hopefully they stand behind their products. BTW, I love this little drone!!!

If I read it correctly, "DJI Care" and "DJI Care Refresh" are insurance policies with quite different terms. DJI Care appears to be available for Phantom and Inspire models only; DJI Care Refresh is available for the Mavic Air 2.

I purchased DJI Care Refresh for my Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2 drones.

A few days ago, I had a serious crash with the Air 2, and am currently in the process of sending it for replacement under the Refresh policy. So far, I'm pleasantly surprised at how low-hassle the process has been. There has been one glitch--the UPS label did not arrive in email. Just today I initiated an on-line help session, and a very pleasant person got the label re-sent from UPS in the most helpful manner I could ask for.

So far, so good. And I'm awfully glad I don't have to pay the whole cost of replacing the drone.

--Jub

If I read it correctly, "DJI Care" and "DJI Care Refresh" are insurance policies with quite different terms. DJI Care appears to be available for Phantom and Inspire models only; DJI Care Refresh is available for the Mavic Air 2.

I purchased DJI Care Refresh for my Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2 drones.

A few days ago, I had a serious crash with the Air 2, and am currently in the process of sending it for replacement under the Refresh policy. So far, I'm pleasantly surprised at how low-hassle the process has been. There has been one glitch--the UPS label did not arrive in email. Just today I initiated an on-line help session, and a very pleasant person got the label re-sent from UPS in the most helpful manner I could ask for.

So far, so good. And I'm awfully glad I don't have to pay the whole cost of replacing the drone.

--Jub
Thanks for the info! That’s good. Hope the rest of the process goes well. Keep us updated!

I have a Platinum that I did not buy the insurance on. Stupid mistake and I know better now. I sent the MPP in for repair without insurance and was willing to pay whatever. Paid it, got it repaired and shipped back to me. Then I was offered and took this time, the insurance since they basically replaced most of the molded parts etc. The process was slow but simple and I will now not fly without the insurance. New Air2 has the same. Safe and Happy Flying,
Cheers

Quick Update: They sent me a new Platinum for 145 bucks so they did me right and I return the love :)

I don’t understand the point of DJI Refresh. I got a price of $45 per year with $0 deductible from my State Farm agent (in Pennsylvania) to cover my MM (same price for MA2). The way I look at it, if you’re a novice or an aggressive pilot that’s likely to need insurance, that’s wayyy cheaper than DJI. Just throwing it out there. You do the math. ?

There are pros and cons for both. State Farm coverage and cost varies from state to state with some agents unaware of availability. Once you put in a claim, there's a good chance they will cancel or won't renew the policy.
However it does cover loss, not just damage. Refresh only covers damage; you still need to send the damaged unit to DJI.

FYI: refresh+ not only gets you an additional refresh the 2nd year, it also extends the warranty for the entire term. Many components are only warrantied for 6 months.

I don’t understand the point of DJI Refresh. I got a price of $45 per year with $0 deductible from my State Farm agent (in Pennsylvania) to cover my MM (same price for MA2). The way I look at it, if you’re a novice or an aggressive pilot that’s likely to need insurance, that’s wayyy cheaper than DJI. Just throwing it out there. You do the math. ?
I agree and with State Farm you're covered if it's stolen or not recoverable.

There are pros and cons for both. State Farm coverage and cost varies from state to state with some agents unaware of availability. Once you put in a claim, there's a good chance they will cancel or won't renew the policy.
However it does cover loss, not just damage. Refresh only covers damage; you still need to send the damaged unit to DJI.

FYI: refresh+ not only gets you an additional refresh the 2nd year, it also extends the warranty for the entire term. Many components are only warrantied for 6 months.
That's true...after reading a post here stating they got insurance from State Farm for $60/yr I called my local agent and they didn't even have a clue if they insure drones.
She said she'd get back with me and later said sure and it's listed under personal property (or something to that effect).
I hope I never need to make a claim but it's nice knowing it's there if I do.

I actually have both. DJI Care Refresh in case of a crash and State Farm in case the physical drone is not recoverable (DJI requires the physical drone).

It's all comes down to piece of mind. I fly off boats in the Gulf of Mexico quite often so that's were State Farm would come in handy. But State Farm is one-and-done, you make a claim and that's it, they are not renewing the policy. DJI Care Refresh gives you two replacements.

Reactions: geneg
Since drones have a much higher risk of being damaged/lost than other personal property, SF eventually will exclude drones from basic PP coverage. I'm surprised they haven't done so already.

Reactions: bp328i
Since drones have a much higher risk of being damaged/lost than other personal property, SF eventually will exclude drones from basic PP coverage. I'm surprised they haven't done so already.
I agree but let’s enjoy it while it lasts.

Is that just based on logic or do you know something we don't know?
I mean I'm sure they do a lot of research on what to insure and what not to insure and risk factors etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54