DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Fraud

I would try again with kindness. I know it’s frustrating, but if you call and ask someone to help you. See if they can search the SN to see if they have a history of it as it had to come from their facility.
You will always get more with honey than vinegar. I would try calling and when you get someone nicely say, "I am having a problem and I hope you can help me." That seems to work often for me when dealing with CS at any company. People generally want to try to help.

Reactions: DJinCleveland
Happy to take the abuse here but I was just looking for some help/expertise on if the serial number is imbedded in the on-line registration/authorization, and flight logs or not. They have closed the case and I am out one drone and remote as it stands right now. And of course I did not accuse them of fraud, just mentioned it here in the header. Not impossible.

Um...Why are you missing a remote?

I'm interested in wondering why so many people still buy the dji care? I've heard nightmares about it. Why not state farm insurance? Is it international problems about dji care I'm reading or is it just people who don't know about state farms policy? Just seems like dji is a nightmare. Might be better then nothing but it's close. I don't mean to distract but it's crazy to hear all the complaints about care refresh but people still buy it.

How often do people "complain" when things go well? I guarantee that DJI fulfills hundreds of Care Refresh cases every month without any problems. The only ones you hear about are the problems. DJI replaced my drone in a couple weeks even though I couldn't recover it (fell into a river). I was decent on the phone to them and sent logs with footage to back up my story. No problem. I also had State Farm, unfortunately I lost a 3DR Solo and State Farm will no longer insure me for a drone. One and done.

For all DJI knows, this guy found a broken Mavic somewhere and is trying to scam them. I'm sure that it happens. On a teachable moment note, I hope everyone has their serial numbers recorded and doesn't rely on a manufacturer/retailer to keep track of them for you. When I received my replacement, I took the steps to ensure my new drone was registered correctly. Not because "DJI customer service sucks" or whatever but because I'm an adult. Your Care Refresh contract is readily accessible in your DJI account. I suggest everyone takes a moment to make sure that you've recorded your numbers correctly.

As far as advice goes, if this is truly what happened, I'd have to go along with others here that suggest you call back calmly, when you have plenty of time and ask for a supervisor. I'm still kind of confused how this happened since they get all of the info from you before they have you send it to them, don't they? I admit to not being sure since I didn't have a drone to send back. The other thing that strikes me is your statement that you're out the transmitter as well, considering that they sent me a drone only with one battery and props.

Reactions: ScubaBob
How often do people "complain" when things go well? I guarantee that DJI fulfills hundreds of Care Refresh cases every month without any problems. The only ones you hear about are the problems. DJI replaced my drone in a couple weeks even though I couldn't recover it (fell into a river). I was decent on the phone to them and sent logs with footage to back up my story. No problem. I also had State Farm, unfortunately I lost a 3DR Solo and State Farm will no longer insure me for a drone. One and done.

For all DJI knows, this guy found a broken Mavic somewhere and is trying to scam them. I'm sure that it happens. On a teachable moment note, I hope everyone has their serial numbers recorded and doesn't rely on a manufacturer/retailer to keep track of them for you. When I received my replacement, I took the steps to ensure my new drone was registered correctly. Not because "DJI customer service sucks" or whatever but because I'm an adult. Your Care Refresh contract is readily accessible in your DJI account. I suggest everyone takes a moment to make sure that you've recorded your numbers correctly.

As far as advice goes, if this is truly what happened, I'd have to go along with others here that suggest you call back calmly, when you have plenty of time and ask for a supervisor. I'm still kind of confused how this happened since they get all of the info from you before they have you send it to them, don't they? I admit to not being sure since I didn't have a drone to send back. The other thing that strikes me is your statement that you're out the transmitter as well, considering that they sent me a drone only with one battery and props.

Was your drone loss in the first year? Was wondering because I hear different things about being dropped. You make a valid point about reviews and complaints.

Was your drone loss in the first year? Was wondering because I hear different things about being dropped. You make a valid point about reviews and complaints.

Yes it was... First month! Considering that I've been flying for years, it was somewhat embarrassing! In any event, I called DJI and was originally, and rightfully, turned down. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I explained my situation, sent him all the information he asked for, waited patiently and received a drone only kit in about two weeks. BTW Care Refresh is only good for a year.

There are ways to deal with CS, especially offshore CS. Most of the people living in these countries think we're a bunch of fat, spoiled, entitled brats. A Mavic represents a less than a weeks pay here but it's more than some of them make in months. If you get into a car crash and the vin on the car doesn't match the vin on your policy, you're S.O.L. It won't matter whose "fault" it was.

I have 2 mp drones one is for my daughter and the other is mine . I put dji refresh care on both drones 3 weeks.ago I submitted a claim for.my drone was given a case # amd told I would receive an email and mailing label . I have not received anything from dji I continue to call and email and still have not been able.to send my drone back . I also had insurance with state farm so am using state farm to replace my drone . I habe opened a case with pay pal to attempt to obtain a refund for the cost of the refresh care . I love the mavic but disgusted with tje customer service .

Fraud or incompetence. Help, I really need opinion from people who understand the drone registration process and flight logs. ...
Ok here is something new from DJI. A new low. Sent my replaced drone for my second repair/replacement under DJI Care. They sent me a bill for full replacement price because they say my serial number on the broken drone does not match their records. It WAS the replacement they sent to me after my first crash. This smells like a scam to avoid honouring the DJI care. Either they mixed up my unit in the repair assessment shop (honest mistake) or this is a fraudulent effort to cut costs.
I seem to remember having to re-register the replacement drone when I received it.
Can anyone confirm this and wouldn't the sn at the time be reregistered, also do the flight logs contained in your phone not have the serial number recorded? I would think so since they want to be able to track illegal flights for the FBI/CIA/NSA/ Homeland security.
DJI does not seem to want to investigate this at all.
They also want an obscene amount of money to ship my broken drone back to me.
Several scenarios, they recorded the sn of my replacement drone when they shipped it to me, they mixed up my drone with another in the receiving department when they received it last week
or they are lying.
Dji care is notoriously bad. I sent a new battery back after failure (2 hours use). They said the battery was out of warranty at 8 months. Think I’ll get my insurance from USAA, they are honorable!

Dji care is notoriously bad. I sent a new battery back after failure (2 hours use). They said the battery was out of warranty at 8 months. Think I’ll get my insurance from USAA, they are honorable!

Was the battery older than 6 months ( the known warranty period)? Will USAA pay a claim after your policy has expired? I think it's a bit dishonorable to expect a company to honor a warranty beyond it's expiration.

I'm seriously getting a picture of why so many people say DJI customer service sucks. Everyone seems to think that they should keep track of your serial numbers and make sure your paperwork is in order, warranty products longer than they promise, and have a million CSRs standing by the phone/computer 24/7 waiting to answer your questions that could have just as easily been found in the manual, on their tutorial videos, their forum presumably moderated by DJI employees, or elsewhere on the internet.

Reactions: Anthony
Dont forget ; Pilot errors are a manufacturers defect.

Fraud or incompetence. Help, I really need opinion from people who understand the drone registration process and flight logs. ...
Ok here is something new from DJI. A new low. Sent my replaced drone for my second repair/replacement under DJI Care. They sent me a bill for full replacement price because they say my serial number on the broken drone does not match their records. It WAS the replacement they sent to me after my first crash. This smells like a scam to avoid honouring the DJI care. Either they mixed up my unit in the repair assessment shop (honest mistake) or this is a fraudulent effort to cut costs.
I seem to remember having to re-register the replacement drone when I received it.
Can anyone confirm this and wouldn't the sn at the time be reregistered, also do the flight logs contained in your phone not have the serial number recorded? I would think so since they want to be able to track illegal flights for the FBI/CIA/NSA/ Homeland security.
DJI does not seem to want to investigate this at all.
They also want an obscene amount of money to ship my broken drone back to me.
Several scenarios, they recorded the sn of my replacement drone when they shipped it to me, they mixed up my drone with another in the receiving department when they received it last week
or they are lying.
I had a similar issue but cleared it up providing them my original case number as well as the activation code when I paid for my tefresh. In the second refresh I’m having to fill out a form providing date of purchase and vendor. I feel they do a great job,it’s just that their system is growing rapidly and they are simply evolving.

Make contact with Gilbert at [email protected] and see if he can help you. If you can’t get Gilbert try Cristian. Both of them helped me through my situation. There were many emails sent back and forth but in then end, I came out a happrcamper... footnote; save all communications and purchase information. Also take pictures of you drones serial number. Above all, save the origional case number

Hope that helps... DJI refresh isn’t at all a scam. They’re just inondated with people like me sending them my crashed drones, all of which were pilot error.

I would put the drone next to the return label in whatever condition (damaged or perfect externally) with ür drones serial number showing and take a picture (1 for ü & 1 to send with drone as proof)... That is to show that drone is in perfect condition n only fix what is needed... Return label in picture is to show nothing was wrong externally with drone when sent back for repaires...

I have 2 mp drones one is for my daughter and the other is mine . I put dji refresh care on both drones 3 weeks.ago I submitted a claim for.my drone was given a case # amd told I would receive an email and mailing label . I have not received anything from dji I continue to call and email and still have not been able.to send my drone back . I also had insurance with state farm so am using state farm to replace my drone . I habe opened a case with pay pal to attempt to obtain a refund for the cost of the refresh care . I love the mavic but disgusted with tje customer service .
You needed to call DJI not tje, that was probably your problem.

Follow up. So they went back and discovered they had mixed up my returned Mavic with another on the bench. They only did this because I had advised them that the sn is included in the flight logs and the activation so they had to put in the effort. My replacement came a week later sans props and camera guard. Video was terrible, the main reason I sent it back in the first place. Was blaming it on the fact that it went for a swim. Turns out that after every firmware upgrade, the whole calibration process must be done carefully. A few other intermittent glitches with the gimbal were cured by reloading the go4 app so I am finally good to go.
Thanks to all who offered constructive advice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtlesn