DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care- Major Program Fault!

From previous experience with a similar problem with the Phantom I had. It had to go back a number of times with a fault and they failed to repair it. Cost me a fortune in post as I live in Iceland. In the end, they just replaced it but in all, I sent over 50 emails to them and I am sure they never actually read them. I wish you luck with yours!

From previous experience with a similar problem with the Phantom I had. It had to go back a number of times with a fault and they failed to repair it. Cost me a fortune in post as I live in Iceland. In the end, they just replaced it but in all, I sent over 50 emails to them and I am sure they never actually read them. I wish you luck with yours!

I'm jealous that you get to live in such an amazingly beautiful place for drone flying - I'm headed there for 3 weeks in May and I am very excited. Hopefully it's not too windy!

If you have any suggestions beyond the obvious to help me avoid being an annoying tourist while I am there I would be very appreciative!

Skywatch is liability insurance. You can add hull insurance on top monthly liability.
Depending on your safety score, it is more like $40-$65/month.

The $5-$10 is per hour liability.

Yes the $11.02 I had in my first post is the hull coverage for me.. I pay a total of $54.00 per month for hull and liability

Reactions: RogerMav
Here is the email that DJI support sent in answer to my query about registering my replacement MPP sent in on first use of DJI Care. Check the last paragraph... We’ll see.
3A3FE678-5174-4C70-A59E-B15C5CDEDD81.png

Last edited:
As others have said and you're finding out, DJI's customer service is abysmal. In my case, I bought a M2 Pro and and DJI care back when they first came out. It quickly became apparent that the quad was defective in that, among other things, it would disconnect and RTH every flight and sometimes as close as 50 feet away, direct line of sight. Having owned several DJI drones, I knew this was defective and since I bought it from B&H, I easily returned it for a replacement.

Now the fun part......I spent most of a week trying to get DJI to SIMPLY transfer the Care Plan to the replacement drone. I was made to supply all sorts of documentation and then...silence. Frustrated and infuriated, I sent one final message to them stating that if they didn't transfer the Care plan immediately, I would challenge the charge with my credit card company. That finally did it. I got a polite response stating they were transferring the policy and that I should save the email (which I did) as that would be my only documentation. Of course, the policy was dated to the first purchase not when I finally got a working drone about a month later but, I was tired of fighting and just accepted it.

Anyway, the fact that the dishonest, unresponsive, scoundrels at DJI did not transfer your policy does not surprise me in the least. I really hope they finally get some real competition cause they make comcast seem competent with their terrible CS.

Reactions: Live LA
Here is the email that DJI support sent in answer to my query about registering my replacement MPP sent in on first use of DJI Care. Check the last paragraph... We’ll see.
View attachment 63561
And here is what it says when I search the agreement using the replacement drone SN. It clearly shows that the replacement drone is registered with DJI Care Refresh as only one of the 2 replcements is left. So either they cleaned up their act or someone dropped the ball. All went as advertised for me....but I feel better having checked, verified, and documented in case I need to use the remainder of the service. It has been exactly 7 days since I sent the broken drone in. 665E5AD6-8473-4373-8916-DB1728616DEB.png

Last edited:
Never would I purchase DJI Care.
Im with Statefarm . Personal Articles Policy that covers the Mavic and related accessories. Many here are as well.
60 $ a year. Covers everything and anything. Not available in California and some other select areas.

I was the first one in NV with this kind of insurance I am told.

Just something to consider when using Personal Articles policy for this kind of coverage.......

I had State Farm some years ago and was DROPPED by them for having too many claims. Unrelated, and very little I could do about them. (Hail damage, water damage from a leaky shower...and a personal articles claim on theft of jewelry). The agent said this was normal for them as "something in your life makes you a bigger risk" and so they gave up my entire house insurance (and then I pulled my car insurance from them in retaliation). I switched to Allstate (at a somewhat increased cost because you have to report if you have been declined by a previous insurer.). That agent told me that Allstate would have done the same thing, in canceling my coverage.

So....decide if it is worth it when you actually have to make a claim. It may end up costing you a lot more in the end. A dedicated policy that covers drone specifically might be the better choice.

I have DJI Care and it is the simplest to use...
My experience was excellent: I just told them (typed on the website) that I hit a tree, they sent me a prepaid shipping label (instant electronically) for UPS shipping. I boxed and sent drone, and 7 days later had a replacement in my hands. Frequent email updates on what was happening and a tracking number provided. At no time did I have to wait on or speak to anyone. My “new” drone looked and performed as new and they had already registered its serial into my DJI Care showing 1 replacement left. They sent it in a box as if sold in a store along with the SD card I forgot and left in the first MPP. As a side note they had me send the drone to a Texas address and that was also the origin of shipping replacement. All I had to do was pair it with my remote. I know some had delays, likely due to the Chinese New Year celebration, but other than the electronic part (web pages) all of my experience was U.S.

However, the best USA policy may be from AMA which also includes liability of $2.5M.

That is a great point! Its not in the insurance companies best interest to maintain coverage for a person that submits claim after claim. Their interests are to make money after all. I submit claims on my insurance only as a necessity and if life dictates that I will need to file more claims than the insurance company wants to cover and they drop me from coverage.
So be it.

I have had the exact opposite experience in my early days of insuring vehicles.

I had a policy with Farmers Insurance for motorcycle and car at the time.
Crashed the bike (long story- I was fine, bike was not) and they wanted to total it. I fought it and told them I wanted it repaired. They finally relented and cut me a big check to repair it. The agent shook my hand and said " Nice doing business with you". I was cancelled. I thought I was F'ed.

Next day I called no less than 6 of the major insurers in my area at the time. Found exactly the same coverage for approx 15 dollars less a month from another insurer.

Big check + $15.00 a month less on insurance. Tickled Pink!

Saved my girlfriend 100's of dollars a year on car insurance by calling around and writing down the exact coverage that each of the insurance companies were willing to provide and comparing and contrasting the rates.

It pays to shop around when it comes to insurance.

Reactions: Point Zero
I have DJI Care and it is the simplest to use...
My experience was excellent: I just told them (typed on the website) that I hit a tree, they sent me a prepaid shipping label (instant electronically) for UPS shipping. I boxed and sent drone, and 7 days later had a replacement in my hands. Frequent email updates on what was happening and a tracking number provided. At no time did I have to wait on or speak to anyone. My “new” drone looked and performed as new and they had already registered its serial into my DJI Care showing 1 replacement left. They sent it in a box as if sold in a store along with the SD card I forgot and left in the first MPP. As a side note they had me send the drone to a Texas address and that was also the origin of shipping replacement. All I had to do was pair it with my remote. I know some had delays, likely due to the Chinese New Year celebration, but other than the electronic part (web pages) all of my experience was U.S.

However, the best USA policy may be from AMA which also includes liability of $2.5M.

Some fear that they will receive a refurbished Mavic as a replacement when using DJI Care Refresh. Thankfully it appears that was not the case with your experience. I believe it is up to DJI's discretion.

I see your point, but I must say that I have always looked for ways to purchase refurbs of new returns, good as new and bugs worked out. Just saying...
Biggest problems with most things DJI is lack of instructions.

I see your point, but I must say that I have always looked for ways to purchase refurbs of new returns, good as new and bugs worked out. Just saying...
Biggest problems with most things DJI is lack of instructions.

I think you are in the minority when it comes to Refurb units as most would opt for a brand new replacement over a Refurb unit as some seem to think there is more "potential" for something to work incorrectly. New trumps used in just about every scenario.

When truth is blurred by lies and misinformation,perception becomes reality and all is lost.” What people perceive is usually what they believe, and this is based on what they hear, see and think.

Reactions: Thomas B
Bought my Mavic in July, with DJI Care attached to the units serial number.
In September, I crashed it and returned to DJI. For $129, they sent me a new one with a different serial number.
Well, I crashed this second unit and went on-line to claim my second return under DJI Care. (I know...I know...maybe I should take up bicycles!)
Anyway, DJI Care didn't transfer the Serial for my replacement to my initial account. Hence, my on-line return request for warranty/DJI Care was denied.
Upon calling DJI, I found I had to MANUALLY send an email with the first serial number, asking them to negate it and transfer DJI Care over to the the second/replacement unit.
Why, oh why is this not a computerized automatic process?

BTW...DJI Care is a MUST-by with all DJI products! I'm living proof!

Two consecutive collision reveals user inadequacy. Design critereon prevents such yet you succeed such revenue wastage.
Think about this: dji will inflate costs shouldered amongst the not so fortunate financed?
Its a bait system for buyers.
Were it absent, you'd be a much anti-collision vigilant user, right?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos