DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care- Major Program Fault!

Grtday

Reactions
Bought my Mavic in July, with DJI Care attached to the units serial number.
In September, I crashed it and returned to DJI. For $129, they sent me a new one with a different serial number.
Well, I crashed this second unit and went on-line to claim my second return under DJI Care. (I know...I know...maybe I should take up bicycles!)
Anyway, DJI Care didn't transfer the Serial for my replacement to my initial account. Hence, my on-line return request for warranty/DJI Care was denied.
Upon calling DJI, I found I had to MANUALLY send an email with the first serial number, asking them to negate it and transfer DJI Care over to the the second/replacement unit.
Why, oh why is this not a computerized automatic process?

BTW...DJI Care is a MUST-by with all DJI products! I'm living proof!

I agree! Why in the world dont they just enter your original serial number in a database and change the DJI Care from active to inactive. Then take the new Mavic with the new serial number and access the same database and make the new serial number Active with DJI Care.

Or at a minimum drop a big red or orange colored notification card in the box with the replacement Mavic that reads in BOLD text something like. "You must send an email to [email protected] to transfer your DJI Care program to your replacement Mavic"

I agree! Why in the world dont they just enter your original serial number in a database and change the DJI Care from active to inactive. Then take the new Mavic with the new serial number and access the same database and make the new serial number Active with DJI Care.

Or at a minimum drop a big red or orange colored notification card in the box with the replacement Mavic that reads in BOLD text something like. "You must send an email to [email protected] to transfer your DJI Care program to your replacement Mavic"

Or MAYBE get a computer, write a couple of lines of code and BOOM! It is done!

Reactions: Thomas B and BD0G
That sucks dude and I hope you get it sorted with both dji and the gremlins in your head that led to a second crash with a second new drone. I agree that process should be automated because it is open to abuse. If dji updated the serial numbers then it would be a closed system.

Also just to add, I never purchased or would I ever purchase dji cover. I paid the same price and got myself public liability cover and complete cover from fly aways and lost in water, crashes etc. Why on Earth would I pay dji the same price for much much less cover. I did spend a lot of time finding this deal though.

That sucks dude and I hope you get it sorted with both dji and the gremlins in your head that led to a second crash with a second new drone. I agree that process should be automated because it is open to abuse. If dji updated the serial numbers then it would be a closed system.

Also just to add, I never purchased or would I ever purchase dji cover. I paid the same price and got myself public liability cover and complete cover from fly aways and lost in water, crashes etc. Why on Earth would I pay dji the same price for much much less cover. I did spend a lot of time finding this deal though.
Who did you buy your policy through? I would jump on it as soon as the DJI Care expires!

Reactions: RogerMav
It is supposed to be an automatic process. Someone at DJI probably just screwed up.

'Tis amazing....Now DJI is sending me emails for a case number. They didn't read my post which indicates I cannot create a case until some HUMAN keys in the transfer.
Arghhhh!

'Tis amazing....Now DJI is sending me emails for a case number. They didn't read my post which indicates I cannot create a case until some HUMAN keys in the transfer.
Arghhhh!
Get yourself a comfy chair because you are now going to experience the DJI support system where they follow the script from step 1, even if you are at step 15. Pack your patience and it will probably work out okay. Best of luck to you!

Never would I purchase DJI Care.
Im with Statefarm . Personal Articles Policy that covers the Mavic and related accessories. Many here are as well.
60 $ a year. Covers everything and anything. Not available in California and some other select areas.

I was the first one in NV with this kind of insurance I am told.

Reactions: RogerMav
A leading network equipment producer is the same way. They don't automatically transfer the contract to the RMA, and don't inform you to do so.
Fortunately the one I'm speaking about is pretty good about straightening it out, though it may be a challenge to speak with the right person.

Reactions: BD0G
I'm in California (So no state farm) , so paid for the dji care, plus the skywatch drone insurance in case I get the fly away or drop in the water (I'm in San Francisco bay area - so lots of water to fly over)

The skywatch coverage is $11.02 a month (M2P) so not too bad. Wish I could do the $60.00 state farm insurance though.

Never would I purchase DJI Care.
Im with Statefarm . Personal Articles Policy that covers the Mavic and related accessories. Many here are as well.
60 $ a year. Covers everything and anything. Not available in California and some other select areas.

I was the first one in NV with this kind of insurance I am told.

A Personal Article policy? Every carrier has offered them for a hundred years. I doubt any agent could know what everyone covers on a PAF so I doubt anyone would/could know if you were the first to cover a drone. I'm _guessing_ the agent called their SF office about covering and that person told the agent that they never heard of a drone be added. Not the same thing.

Well, I was told by my agent that they had never insured anyone in my area and when she called to research it with the main office they indicated that I might be the first. Was she pulling my leg ? Maybe ? I like to think not though so please dont harsh my buzz. :)

What company did you use?

Your down time might be effectively used practicing on a sim:)

Hi..
I'm in UK and after 2x weeks gave up even trying to purchase their care package. Far too expensive and complicated...(who has done a verification video.?!)
I went with Dronecover. 10 mins on the phone, sorted.
Now, if only the wind would drop ....

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
So i got insurance from State Farm for my drone. I have not had to use it yet and while i realize it will take a few days or possibly a couple of weeks for the claims process to go through, they will pay 100% of the original drone price. I'm surprised that you had to pay $130 for your replacement after having paid for DJI care.

I had crashed a spark a while back sent in for DJI refresh. My take away was “how in the world can this company make such detailed and complex and work horse products, but have absolutely atrocious customer service quality controll and care. From my own experiences over the phone their customer service seems like they hired people from a craigslist add. No one has authority and no one seems to be solution oriented, just trained script readers. (others may have a better experience but I repeatedly did and do not)

Reactions: Dronage
Bought my Mavic in July, with DJI Care attached to the units serial number.
In September, I crashed it and returned to DJI. For $129, they sent me a new one with a different serial number.
Well, I crashed this second unit and went on-line to claim my second return under DJI Care. (I know...I know...maybe I should take up bicycles!)
Anyway, DJI Care didn't transfer the Serial for my replacement to my initial account. Hence, my on-line return request for warranty/DJI Care was denied.
Upon calling DJI, I found I had to MANUALLY send an email with the first serial number, asking them to negate it and transfer DJI Care over to the the second/replacement unit.
Why, oh why is this not a computerized automatic process?

BTW...DJI Care is a MUST-by with all DJI products! I'm living proof!
First, I feel your pain and agree that the new drone should have been registered to your DJI Care automatically.

I have just used my first replacement option 6 days ago and will get the replacement drone tomorrow per UPS.

Finally, thanks for posting this. As big a nuisance as it may be I will be sure to contact DJI and transfer my policy to the new drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78