DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji care purchase after allowed period?

Elgreco3

Reactions
Hey guys.
I have bought a zoom over a month ago,
and because of work and schedule I neglected purchasing the Dji care for it.
Now it's too late.
I read that it would be possible with a video visual inspection of somekind.

Has anyone done that before or knows a way of getting the warranty?

The drone is in excellent condition.
I am in Canada, and I am wondering if that is still possible, who do I contact in order to get something done? US division? Or China?

Thanks.

you will need to go on the DJI website ,and follow the instructions for getting Care refresh after the 48 hour initial registration window ,you will need to do a short video of the drone flying and then you send it to them, and they decide if you are going to be able to obtain the Care refresh

you will need to go on the DJI website ,and follow the instructions for getting Care refresh after the 48 hour initial registration window ,you will need to do a short video of the drone flying and then you send it to them, and they decide if you are going to be able to obtain the Care refresh
Thank you.
I didn't know there is a section specifically for it.
I got to dig in a find it.
Thanks for the reply.

Congrats on the M2Z purchase! Hopefully you’ll never need it, but like any insurance, it’s good to have if you ever need it. You’ll need to log into your DJI account, but here’s the specific section on creating the video to prove it’s still operational:
I watched the video tutorial.
I am not clear on something.
Do I record all that while the drone is on the bench or do I hover it?
I couldn't tell from the video.

Do I record all that while the drone is on the bench or do I hover it?
I created an unedited video (recording and pausing) that included:
  1. Mavic with battery removed, to video the S/N in the compartment
  2. Box with S/N on the side
  3. Mavic while battery is inserted
  4. Remote Control - while powering on
  5. DJI app - while launching app
  6. Mavic - while powering-up
  7. Flying maneuvers described with specific altitudes mentioned, hovering in front of you.
I had a friend record everything with his mobile phone while I powered-up and flew. Some on here have described it as a major production, while my video was captured in less than three minutes.

The video I have seen includes the drone in flight, along with, I think, specified maneuvers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys.
I have bought a zoom over a month ago,
and because of work and schedule I neglected purchasing the Dji care for it.
Now it's too late.
I read that it would be possible with a video visual inspection of somekind.

Has anyone done that before or knows a way of getting the warranty?

The drone is in excellent condition.
I am in Canada, and I am wondering if that is still possible, who do I contact in order to get something done? US division?

I'm in the U S and picked up a personal articles insurance policy thru state farm for $60 US on my pro platinum. Recover it or not it pays full replacement value.

I'm in the U S and picked up a personal articles insurance policy thru state farm for $60 US on my pro platinum. Recover it or not it pays full replacement value.
I looked into State Farm and unfortunately if you use it for any commercial purpose (making money with it) they won't sell you the policy.

I've already read a number of posts/articles in this and other forums that say that if you use State Farm, they will likely not renew you for the following year. To my way of thinking, it would be best to get the refresh for the first year and then purchase a renewal for one more year (which they will allow assuming you only returned it once in year one), then by State Farm in subsequent years). Even if you use it in year 3, it may be time to replace it after that at any rate.
On the other hand, it would be good to get State Farm if you loose it in the drink since you need to physically return the drone for DJI to honor refresh.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty