DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care, really?

Bobo57

Reactions
Thoroughly disgusted with Dji. Taking forever to fix the drone, emails take 3-5 days to get a response, paid for care and still get a bill. Why the hell did I buy the insurance?
N

You have my sympathies. I can understand your frustration. Where are you located, where did you send it, which drone, and what was the problem?

Like most insurance, there's the excess you have to pay still. Would you be better off without DJI Care Refresh? Depending on the damage done to the drone, it might be cheaper to repair elsewhere. But if the drone is totally damaged, paying the replacement is better than paying full price for a new drone.

In San Diego, sent it to the LA repair address, hit an inside wall very slow, minimal scuffs on props, no marks at all on drone. After wall collision controller would not recognize drone. Dji has not stated the broken part or the fix.
See below for their response as to conditions. Issue is I had no controller input and it started moving forward.....

And the RTH never worked right from day 1, when returning it was always 15-20 feet off.

1. Unit was in Atti mode due to low satellites, and was responsive to RC input.
2. At t=53s, relative height=0.6m, unit recorded external impact, then fell.
3. Unit was flying with no satellites, mixed with no gps the vision position sensor cannot perform properly. Please refer to manual on factors which can affect vision position sensor performance.

Last edited:
I don't get the part "no GPS mixed with VPS". VPS is supposed to take over when you have no GPS. That's what it is for.
I've used it twice indoors without GPS, no issues.

Thoroughly disgusted with Dji. Taking forever to fix the drone, emails take 3-5 days to get a response, paid for care and still get a bill. Why the **** did I buy the insurance?
N

If a drone of mine were damaged/failed and the cost to repair appeared moderate, I would use one of the well known vendors on this forum. I my case, because of proximity, I would use Thunderdrones. IMO, there is value in convenience and I suspect that the quality of the repair would be excellent. YMMV OTOH, if my drone were attacked and splintered by a tree or suffered some other form of destruction that made replacement the appropriate remedy, I would use DJI Care.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beluga