DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh issues

DirtyDrone

Reactions
Quick back story:
I messed up and dunked my A2S in a pond, used my care refresh and they sent out a replacement aircraft.
This process was good, no issues with the timing.

The issue:
The replacement aircraft had issues right out of the box, such as phantom obstacle avoidance sensor triggering while in clear sky at 200 feet altitude. Also it would climb in altitude while just flying, even in a RTH flight, along with a few weird errors.
Called DJI care refresh support, they had me try a few things such as calibrating the sensors but that didn't help. They said to send it back to them and it would NOT be the standard Care Refresh replacement wait time, they said it would be expedited because it was a faulty unit.

Of course it took way too long for UPS to deliver it back to DJI as Texas had some bad ice storms, understandable.
They finally received the aircraft on 02/10/22, damage assessed also on the 10th.

DJI assessment:
"Aircraft Core Board Module
Damage assess the small
components and replace the
large module> was
malfunctioned, which caused
unable to take off"

That is a little hard to decipher but I read it as "stuff is broke".

8 days later and a few calls to customer service about the timing as the told me it would be expedited and it is still in the "under repair" status. I guess I should mention that one of the reps did send me a code to the DJI store for a free SD card worth about $25 but I would much rather just have a working A2S!

I guess this is more of a rant, I am just wondering if others have had similar experiences with DJI Care Refresh?

My experience wit CR was great, seven days from my shipping to DJI in Texas until I opened my new replacement. But, you are not dealing with CR, you are dealing with warranty, which normally takes a little longer. But you will be satisfied.

Sounds normal to me. I had a replacement once that failed so I sent it in. DJI first tried to repair it which took some time. The repair failed and they sent another replacement unit instead. Took some time.

Reactions: kidroc
I am just wondering if others have had similar experiences with DJI Care Refresh?
This is DJI's fault, probably. I used DJI Care Refresh on my Mavic Air 2 when I crashed it into a light pole. 8 days after sending it in I received a new (or refurbished) Air 2. No issues.

The drone you got back from DJI was probably faulty. But they should replace it, you might have to pay for shipping.

25 days later and it still shows “under repair”.

Disappointed with this process for sure. If they didn’t have the parts they should have shipped a new unit. I hope DJI has some more competition asap!

I'm in the same boat it appears. I crashed my M3P and used the care refresh express to get a replacement. It still took 8 days but they did give me what appeared to be a new drone so all was good.

Literally the first flight out of the box the replacement does fine for about two minutes just flying around at 10-15 feet when it drops from the sky. Error code 30165 motor stuck. I tried everything CS said to do and finally sent it back to DJI.

They're refusing the cover it under warranty saying the flight logs show a side impact. My flight logs on Airdata.com don't show any impact, just the motor stuck error.

I assume it was a new unit since it was wrapped in cellophane, so short of being previously used the only side impact it could have incurred was hitting the ground when the motor stuck.

Aggravating to say the least.

I'm in the same boat it appears. I crashed my M3P and used the care refresh express to get a replacement. It still took 8 days but they did give me what appeared to be a new drone so all was good.

Literally the first flight out of the box the replacement does fine for about two minutes just flying around at 10-15 feet when it drops from the sky. Error code 30165 motor stuck. I tried everything CS said to do and finally sent it back to DJI.

They're refusing the cover it under warranty saying the flight logs show a side impact. My flight logs on Airdata.com don't show any impact, just the motor stuck error.

I assume it was a new unit since it was wrapped in cellophane, so short of being previously used the only side impact it could have incurred was hitting the ground when the motor stuck.

Aggravating to say the least.
Man, that’s lame. The dudes on here know how to read the heck out of the flight logs.

I called CS at probably 7 times, same response every time. They admitted that the delay was caused by not having the parts to repair.

I asked for a New replacement multiple times, and a believe that I finally received what appears to be a NEW unit. It did take DJI close to 50 days to get it to me.

It’s hard to tell if it’s new or refurbished, they package them all the same way. I am 90% one of my care replacements was a refurb and it was packaged “as-new”.

I have read that the serial number can indicate a refurb but it seems inconclusive as many have said otherwise.

Update to my situation posted above.

First off, let me explain that I had an issue where the drone would fly fine for a couple of minutes but then it would give error 30165 (stuck motor) and fall to the ground. I flew several short flights trying to figure out a solution.

Apparently when DJI denies a warranty you get moved up to the next level of customer service. Or at least that is what "regular" CS told me. I was called by this level CS and was left a voice mail with the denial and the reason why (flight log showed side impact, i.e. user error).

I was able to get them to call me again and give me more details as to why they denied the claim. It turns out the repair center in Texas reviewed only the last flight and that is where they saw a side impact (from hitting the ground I assume). That was on the 14th. However, the first flight and crash occurred on the 13th. I guess the techs assume the last flight is the only one that really matters, and they're probably correct most of the time.

The "next level" CS requested the repair center re-evaluate the logs and they were able to confirm that the replacement drone did have a propulsion issue before the side impact of the later flight. DJI is going to cover the drone under warranty.

Having my flight data handy really helped. I hope this helps someone else who thinks they have a valid claim denied by DJI.

Reactions: DirtyDrone
Sounds like apas was on and I don’t care how high you are if flying into the sun you can and will get phantom forward sensor errors.

Update to my situation posted above.

First off, let me explain that I had an issue where the drone would fly fine for a couple of minutes but then it would give error 30165 (stuck motor) and fall to the ground. I flew several short flights trying to figure out a solution.

Apparently when DJI denies a warranty you get moved up to the next level of customer service. Or at least that is what "regular" CS told me. I was called by this level CS and was left a voice mail with the denial and the reason why (flight log showed side impact, i.e. user error).

I was able to get them to call me again and give me more details as to why they denied the claim. It turns out the repair center in Texas reviewed only the last flight and that is where they saw a side impact (from hitting the ground I assume). That was on the 14th. However, the first flight and crash occurred on the 13th. I guess the techs assume the last flight is the only one that really matters, and they're probably correct most of the time.

The "next level" CS requested the repair center re-evaluate the logs and they were able to confirm that the replacement drone did have a propulsion issue before the side impact of the later flight. DJI is going to cover the drone under warranty.

Having my flight data handy really helped. I hope this helps someone else who thinks they have a valid claim denied by DJI.
Nice, that’s good news.
Seems like a honest case of miscommunication but that’s the issue, when you need to contact DJI CS, they seem to have default responses and always just respond with a repeat of what the last representative said.

They don’t seem like they are out to screw you, I do feel like they would benefit from local / better trained phone support people for sure.

Quick back story:
I messed up and dunked my A2S in a pond, used my care refresh and they sent out a replacement aircraft.
This process was good, no issues with the timing.

The issue:
The replacement aircraft had issues right out of the box, such as phantom obstacle avoidance sensor triggering while in clear sky at 200 feet altitude. Also it would climb in altitude while just flying, even in a RTH flight, along with a few weird errors.
Called DJI care refresh support, they had me try a few things such as calibrating the sensors but that didn't help. They said to send it back to them and it would NOT be the standard Care Refresh replacement wait time, they said it would be expedited because it was a faulty unit.

Of course it took way too long for UPS to deliver it back to DJI as Texas had some bad ice storms, understandable.
They finally received the aircraft on 02/10/22, damage assessed also on the 10th.

DJI assessment:
"Aircraft Core Board Module
Damage assess the small
components and replace the
large module> was
malfunctioned, which caused
unable to take off"

That is a little hard to decipher but I read it as "stuff is broke".

8 days later and a few calls to customer service about the timing as the told me it would be expedited and it is still in the "under repair" status. I guess I should mention that one of the reps did send me a code to the DJI store for a free SD card worth about $25 but I would much rather just have a working A2S!

I guess this is more of a rant, I am just wondering if others have had similar experiences with DJI Care Refresh?
I'm still trying to contemplate getting this insurance before buying drone.

just put in for a Care Refresh repair/replacement. They now give 2 options. Send drone and wait for replacement, which was 2 weeks last time I sent, or..... they put a $375 hold on your credit card and send out new drone immediately. When they receive the broken one, they remove $$ hold on credit card.

just put in for a Care Refresh repair/replacement. They now give 2 options. Send drone and wait for replacement, which was 2 weeks last time I sent, or..... they put a $375 hold on your credit card and send out new drone immediately. When they receive the broken one, they remove $$ hold on credit card.
What's your question?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradl