DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh Or repair? Help

Jameslink

Reactions
I’m sure this question has been answered multiple times but I can’t seem to get an exact answer from anyone , even DJI

I bought my mavic pro & bough DJI Care Refresh.

I flew my drone 3/4 times with no problems then one morning the drone disconnected from the controller & started falling to the ground and clipped a tree on the way down.

Now the gimbal seems to be locked into place or malfunctioning, it shows an error message of” Gimbal Motor Load to large “ please check to see the clamp is removed. Their is no psychical damage to the drone or gimbal as far as anyone can see. Yes I tried to calibrate the gimbal and it won’t make it pass 5% and fails every time.

One of the four little black rubber bands has broken, would that be the issue?

So my question to everyone is, I’ve already spent the $99 on DJI Care Refresh.

1.) Should I just send it into DJI and get a new replacement? Also does that cost another $99 or is that covered in my original $99 when buying DJI Care Refresh?

2.) what does the initial $99 DJI Care Refresh cover? Does it cover any kind of repairs?

3.) what should I send into DJI? One tech support told me to send in the Mavic pro & propellers and nothing else, but on the other hand the receipt DJI gave with the label says to include the full set

I’m just a little confused and new so I figured I’d reach out to everyone here before sending out my drone & not knowing what’s going on or what to expect!

Thanks a bunch!

This might be a warranty issue. When did you buy it?

I bought the drone on the 28th of December and received it Wednesday Jan 2 2019!

It’s less then a week old and only flown for under 40 mins in total.

I didn’t know what the warranty covered?

I am in UK and used refresh and it worked faultlessly for me as crash was my error.
You pay your $99 for the year and if you need to have it replaced because of operator error then you also send another $89 for this service.
DJI does not state that you will get a brand new drone but that they will replace it and the one i received was perfect.
As they are asking for all equipment to be sent i would like to assume as your drone is almost new that they may send a new replacement.
When they receive drone with all their wizardry they will be able to tell if your fault ,drones fault or controller fault.
When controller loses signal drone should have returned to home point.

If you bought it new, you might consider returning it to the store and telling them what the problem was. If they don't accept it as a return or exchange then file a warranty claim with DJI. This sounds like it has nothing to do with refresh. You should not be out of pocket for any repair costs.

Unless the battery wasn’t seated properly right? That wouldn’t be warranty related, and sounds like a possible issue if it just dropped like a rock.

If you bought it new, you might consider returning it to the store and telling them what the problem was. If they don't accept it as a return or exchange then file a warranty claim with DJI. This sounds like it has nothing to do with refresh. You should not be out of pocket for any repair costs.
If it's a reputable dealer and there are no damage marks exchange should be easy as they are just going to return it as defective within return period to DJI.Hope it works for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54