DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh vs Insurance Policy

It really depends on how much you fly commercially and what does you ins. policy cover?

I fly 2 to 4 times a week on commercial jobs and it just makes more sense to have an annual policy, then paying a small amount to sky watch or Verifly everytime I fly. (FYI: Verifly is no longer an option) So that small fee can be $30 to $50 a month. There is no drone coverage on those kind of policies.

My annual policy is $870 per year. This is just for my drone business, not an add on to a home policy. In my opinion that is a huge mistake. If they cancel your home owners policy because of too many drone n e claims, you're screwed.

I have 1.5 million in liability, $50k in medical and 10% deductible on my drones hull coverage. 1 mavic pro, 1 Mavic Pro 2 and 2 P4P V2 drones.

I have had 2 claims over the past 3 years. Both paid out within a week, no bump in annual fee.

And I get a new drone, nothing refurbished. Plus I do not have to provide my drone, if it lands in water and is unretrievable.
What type of work do you do to have such the insurance policy? And why the 2 claims? Just curious.

What type of work do you do to have such the insurance policy? And why the 2 claims? Just curious.
I am a commercial drone pilot in Central NY. I am also a part time drone instructor.

I do mainly commercial real estate, construction progress mapping, stockpile and survey grade orthomosaics. I also do videography for commercials, weddings and other events.

I don't know I can put my web address here or not but it is below

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N