DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh

eli.webb13

Reactions
About a year ago I purchased a gently used Phantom 4 advanced. It was in amazing shape. I flew it for a month and then it crashed in a lake. As you can see in the video, the propeller seems to have come off somehow. I was not able to recover it (See video). Anyways, I am in the market for a Mavic Air 2s, but was wondering how solid DJI Care Refresh is these days. I understand that you have to be able to send the drone in for it to be repaired or replaced. Basically, if I am able to recover the drone, will I have the option to replace it with no questions asked even if it got crashed because of a pilot error?

I'm doing a real-time test of how well DJI Care Refresh works. Wednesday this week, I was watching a flight video right after the flight (I do that a lot), and I noticed a foggy patch that lasted through the playback. I figured the lens had been smudged, so I went to clean it, and it turned out that the lens covered had been badly cracked.

Fortunately, I had purchased DJI Car Refresh. But I knew that would take a while to cycle. So the next day, Thursday, I went over to Best Buy and bought another Mini-2, to keep myself in the air. I have some ideas about multi-drone activities anyhow. Or maybe I can just use it to find people to go fly with me...

:)

On Friday, yesterday, I got the new one all powered up and activated.

Today, Saturday, I filed a claim for the busted one under my DJI Care plan. For some reason the layout and paths on the DJI site are counter-intuitive to me, but I eventually found the form to activate a claim.

I got an email from UPS, with a link to the shipping label to send it in, in under an hour. That's really quite impressive.

I printed out the label, took it over to my mailing place, and got it all set for pick up. UPS doesn't pick up there until Monday, so that time can't be counted against DJI.

I'll keep you posted on the progress! But so far, I'm one very happy DJI Care customer.

:)

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots