DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care refresh

robinbanks

Reactions
Hypothetically speaking, what stops somebody who has DJI care refresh from emailing DJI and saying their drone fell into the ocean and they did not recover it, pay DJI whatever $75 replacement fee, and wind up with two drones? Such an ambiguous replacement system seems awfully easy to abuse?

I don’t see the point of DJI refresh, they have to many out clauses, you have to be able to recover it for one.
I opted for insurance covering loss, theft & damage.

Reactions: rcwolpert
I don’t see the point of DJI refresh, they have to many out clauses, you have to be able to recover it for one.
I opted for insurance covering loss, theft & damage.
Can you recommend a company that offers this? I'm new to the hobby and am interested in this.

Thanks

Can you recommend a company that offers this? I'm new to the hobby and am interested in this.

Thanks
State Farm, via their personal articles policy. Not available in all states.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Ahh I knew there had to be some kind of security in effect otherwise abuse would run rampant lol

That said, if you exclusively use your drone out on the open ocean and for safety sake bought DJI care refresh, unless you go for a swim in potentially frigid waters to recover your drone, you're **** outta luck? Harsh... Do drones float?

My care refresh was worth it for me. 11 months into my "policy", my gimbal started jerking around. I sent the MPP back to DJI, they told me what it would cost to fix it (it was around $225) OR I could "use" my care refresh + $60 (fine print). They sent me a new (refurbed) MPP, and it has been great.

Reactions: WizardEyes
My care refresh was worth it for me. 11 months into my "policy", my gimbal started jerking around. I sent the MPP back to DJI, they told me what it would cost to fix it (it was around $225) OR I could "use" my care refresh + $60 (fine print). They sent me a new (refurbed) MPP, and it has been great.
That to me sounds more like it should have covered under warranty, not your care refresh.

Hi i have a good story about dji repair, when i checked if i had care refresh that i had paid for they could not find any record of the contract, wtf !
I had paid for care refresh yousing payal and paypal yoused a third party www.djonline.com.
Djonline didn't send me a activation code so no activated contract, lucky i didnt find this out the hard way.
I had sent the drone to DJI repair because the LED light on the drone stoped working and is under warranty.
Between the too and throw of emails about the care refresh contract and getting the LED light repaired, i got a new mavic 2 drone, and a new dji care refresh activated and sent to my address. WOW!
This is great service from DJI repair.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thanohano44
Got me thinking, how do i tell if its a new drone or a refurbished drone because its not the drone i sent to dji warranty
I have forwarded a email asking this

Last edited:
So I'm curious about Care Refresh. I just got an Air 2 Fly More Combo w/ Refresh. I've unboxed it, haven't downloaded the app or powered it on. There's like NO documentation in this $1k (!) box. How do I know it's registered and activated? Is everything in the app these days?

I checked the DJI Care Refresh website (DJI) and it said my serial number wasn't valid (!)

Before I power this thing on, I want to make sure I have all my T's dotted and I's crossed, etc...

-Dan

Hypothetically speaking, what stops somebody who has DJI care refresh from emailing DJI and saying their drone fell into the ocean and they did not recover it, pay DJI whatever $75 replacement fee, and wind up with two drones? Such an ambiguous replacement system seems awfully easy to abuse?
If you cant recover the drone, sorry you lost your drone. No coverage without a carcass.

So I'm curious about Care Refresh. I just got an Air 2 Fly More Combo w/ Refresh. I've unboxed it, haven't downloaded the app or powered it on. There's like NO documentation in this $1k (!) box. How do I know it's registered and activated? Is everything in the app these days?

I checked the DJI Care Refresh website (DJI) and it said my serial number wasn't valid (!)

Before I power this thing on, I want to make sure I have all my T's dotted and I's crossed, etc...

-Dan
I recently purchased a second MA2. On the 2nd purchase I too got the invalid S/N error; took another day of trying to get 2nd registered. After one day on both registration events I returned and logged in only to find the Auto-Activation* had not gone into effect. On the 1st MA2 it took 24hrs and several email with documentation proof to get the coverage Auto-Activated. The site upkeep is worse than the goobermint Obama health care website implementation. Probably used the same coders. The S/N input probably sits in some bin till someone wakes up. *Auto-Activation doesnt mean what you'd think it means.

Q: "How do I know it's registered and activated? Is everything in the app these days?" A: What App are you speaking of? Fly App? Then No.
You've got to go the DJI.com and establish an account. Input Serial Number. If the Package included Care Refresh the serial number will include the necessary number characters to trigger the coverage. Calling them is the best way to get action when the website fails. Once Account established and if the office drones have awakened and had their morning Saki and went to work...your Account should reflect the Care Refresh activation. If not DJI Care Refresh - comprehensive warranty for your DJI product

Enter S/N here - DJI ...to check activation

Straight off the DJI.com site:
1. DJI Care Refresh can be bound to a previously purchased DJI aircraft when it meets one of the following criteria:
  • Brand new and un-activated aircraft;
  • Aircraft activated within the last 48 hours;
  • Repaired in an official DJI Service Center (within 72 hours of receiving email invitation);

I was talking to DJI today and told they are introducing a flyaway care refresh. The excess is about $300AU, but I can certainly see some scum bags taking advantage of this.

I was talking to DJI today and told they are introducing a flyaway care refresh. The excess is about $300AU, but I can certainly see some scum bags taking advantage of this.

To use this new option, you have to allow DJI to "brick" the old device, meaning it will no longer work with DJI's apps. This should likely cut down on the abuse. (of course, someone could still try to use the old device for parts, but it won't be a fully functional DJI drone anymore)

i guess you could keep it "off the grid" and use litchi?

Hmmm i opted for the 1 year package was reading 1 fly away coverage $225 u.s plus $50 u.s for the plan, any tax if there is any, what is just the aircraft worth sounds like more then they can make them for. should have done a little more reading. Good way to sell more drones

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots