DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care

William F Harney

Reactions
so i submitted a claim on a mavic that suffered a battery meltdown in the case and dji said that wasn't an accident and refused to issue another mavic makes you wonder what dji care is for. the mavic was stored in a room temperature room

More info required....
You can fly your mavic into a wall and if you have refresh, they will give you another one..

Reactions: Former Member
That's really weird that you battery suffered a meltdown at room temperature. Unless you room was 100+ F temperature, operating at full capacity... It may break.

so i submitted a claim on a mavic that suffered a battery meltdown in the case and dji said that wasn't an accident and refused to issue another mavic makes you wonder what dji care is for. the mavic was stored in a room temperature room
What do you mean by "meltdown"? Were you charging it at the time? Using DJI charger? How many charge cycles had it had? Been in any crashes? Any previous physical damage?

I got a brand new Air using DJI Care refresh - very good service!

DJI Care does have restrictions within the contract as to what is covered depending on what happened. DJI Care is designed to cover damage from a crash, not other warranty type problems. I think you if read the DJI Care contract you will find that what DJI told you is correct. Also I believe the warrant on batteries is different than the warranty on the aircraft.

Yeah Dave A, gotchya but...

Ⅱ.Exclusions

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:
1. Lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories.
2. Stolen, forgotten, or abandoned product.
3. Damage caused by flight under unsuitable conditions.
4. Remote controller, battery of Inspire 2,Phantom 4 Pro series and Phantom 4 Advanced, and modification accessories.
5. Deliberate losses.
6. Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the product.
7. Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
8. Replacement requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
9. Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
10. Damage resulting from modifications that are not in accordance with manual recommendations, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
11. Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software.

dji said that wasn't an accident and refused to issue another mavic

DJI can claim anything, but they should consider this a warranty claim, not a Refresh claim. Now that they have denied your Refresh claim, it's time to stick up for yourself, and file a warranty claim, then follow it up and document your every email and conversation with them. I would not pay for the repair they might try to charge you, which might be hundreds of dollars. Be diligent, firm, persistent and stick to your guns. That usually works with them.

Reactions: Simmo and macoman

What was the meltdown? Literally melted or just failed...

Warranty I recall is 6 months up to 200 flights/recharge cycles or something similar... if it physically 'melted' unlikely you can attach to Mavic to read recharge cycles/age since activation.... so you have to get the serial number and open a warranty case

If the AC was damaged, it is impossible that it was charging in the AC at the time...
Was a battery charging next to...
Did the cat... or budgie??
As I said in #2, more info required.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada