DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI CrystalSky 5.5” WiFi range issue

Moppie

Reactions
Just recently got my CS 5.5. During setup I had an issue connecting to my home WiFi network. The CS would pick up my WiFi network but failed to connect. I eventually connected to my mobile network and updated to the latest firmware. I assumed it was because my home network was a little slow. During my fault finding I noticed something strange. When I am close to my home network modem, within about 1m the CS would connect and I could browse the net using the browser in the applications menu. When I am more than 1m away the CS would loose connection. This happens with my home network modem and with my mobile cellular network. It appears that the CS WiFi is very very weak. Is this normal? Do any of you CS owners experience this? The WiFi connection to my spark is also very very bad. It disconnects all the time. I MUST use the OTG cable to get a secure connection.

I had also a WIFI connection problem with my new CS 5.5. However we have two WIFI types: 2.4G and 5G. 5G worked and got connected. I'm a noob in WIFI types, but it solved my problem

I had also a WIFI connection problem with my new CS 5.5. However we have two WIFI types: 2.4G and 5G. 5G worked and got connected. I'm a noob in WIFI types, but it solved my problem

Thanks Helmut

My home wifi is 2.4G. I connect flawlessly when it is within 1m range. The same with 4G / LTE. More than that and it does not see the network. Does yours do the same? I will try a 5G network. This will mean another modem/router. Still love me CS though.

Reactions: mavin
Thanks Helmut

My home wifi is 2.4G. I connect flawlessly when it is within 1m range. The same with 4G / LTE. More than that and it does not see the network. Does yours do the same? I will try a 5G network. This will mean another modem/router. Still love me CS though.

Haven't really seen this wi-fi issue with my CS units, they connect to the home wi-fi from across the street.
I would raise a support ticket with DJI especially as it impacts on the Spark Wi-Fi connection it sounds like a wi-fi receiver issue. I also don't have a wi-fi issue with the Spark RC wifi and the CS

This morning it did not recognize the 4G nor the 2.4G WIFI. So I created a 'personal hotspot' with my iPhone. It connected immediately. I think we have a very old or unstable router. But I'm a noob in network

This morning it did not recognize the 4G nor the 2.4G WIFI. So I created a 'personal hotspot' with my iPhone. It connected immediately. I think we have a very old or unstable router. But I'm a noob in network

I think you need to reboot or reset your home "main" internet router to pick up new DNS IP address for your CS. Try that and see if it works.

I have created a personal hotspot with my iPhone and iPad. I still have the range issue. DJI advised to send in my unit. I am hoping that the CS can be updated via the dji assistant 2 in the near future. If that can be done then I will be happy. I connect the CS to my spark via and otg cable. My only issue with the spark and CS now is that I cannot see the battery status and satellite status after the last firmware update on the CS and spark. When the spark is connected to my iPhone 6s Plus then I see both the satellite status and battery status. The CS works flawlessly with my Mavic Pro.

I have created a personal hotspot with my iPhone and iPad. I still have the range issue. DJI advised to send in my unit. I am hoping that the CS can be updated via the dji assistant 2 in the near future. If that can be done then I will be happy. I connect the CS to my spark via and otg cable. My only issue with the spark and CS now is that I cannot see the battery status and satellite status after the last firmware update on the CS and spark. When the spark is connected to my iPhone 6s Plus then I see both the satellite status and battery status. The CS works flawlessly with my Mavic Pro.
Disappointing...I haven't the CS with my Spark yet, maybe if the wind dies down I'll try it today.

Unfortunately DJI did something in the android firmware update that has meant that in OTG mode the telemetry and GPS data is not displayed when flying the Spark. This has not been corrected in the last 2 versions of DJI Go 4, some forum members have side loaded DJI Go 4 4.1.15 which was the last version that was working with OTG on the Spark

Unfortunately DJI did something in the android firmware update that has meant that in OTG mode the telemetry and GPS data is not displayed when flying the Spark. This has not been corrected in the last 2 versions of DJI Go 4, some forum members have side loaded DJI Go 4 4.1.15 which was the last version that was working with OTG on the Spark

Thanks Iannes. Not sure how to backdate the CS5.5. You cannot use the assistant 2 to back date it either. Wonder why dji did this? I hope the next version spark will use ocusync and Mavic controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydiver75thgrp