DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI CrystalSky My First Look + More Detail

Here are some photos with the 7.85 CS mounted to my Mavic Pro Controller. I thought it would be heavy, but it actually is not. It feels pretty good in my hands. I just been testing the 5.5 cs on the Mavic, not the 7.85 CS... that will change....

Ill do some more testing later; heading out to a shoot. anyway, take a look.IMG_2019.JPGIMG_2463.JPG IMG_7138.JPGIMG_9206.JPG IMG_4779.JPG

Reactions: Forestjim
Bigdz - that's a very nice arrangement! Am I seeing the mount correctly? A brace looks to coming off the top/back area of the monitor? And where you have the neck strap attached, is the arrangement pretty top heavy?

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
I
Bigdz - that's a very nice arrangement! Am I seeing the mount correctly? A brace looks to coming off the top/back area of the monitor? And where you have the neck strap attached, is the arrangement pretty top heavy?
keep in mind this is not the Mavic’s CS Mount it’s the mount for the Inspire and Phantom series drones. It was kind of Gerry rigged...diy, since I don’t have the actual Mavic Mount. I repositioned in on the plate a few times and this way seems to fit my needs, best... I haven’t tested it yet on the Mavic (7.85), when I get home, I will let you know more

Last edited:
Reactions: Creepyfatguy
Took this with the sun pointed directly at the screen. It’s hard to tell, but it’s really clear on my end. There is no way I would be able to see ANYTHING, if I were using my ipad mini 3 or iphone 7+ (without the use of a sun hood, and even than...)....IMG_8264.JPG

I would love the brightness and would pay most anything for it. What I won't do is fly while relying on android. I am contantly in Mavic, Phantom and Inspire forums and android users are the victims of issues 10 to 1 over IOS.

Bummer

CrystalSky DOES NOT run the same Android version for phones or even tablets... It's a MODIFIED version, specifically adapted to DJI drones...

most of us with a 5.5 are lucky we were even able to get the 5.5 ;) seems the only folks with the 7.85 are the advanced review unit people.. I have seen some 7.85's for sale out of Hong Kong, but not in the States yet.. so I guess what I am saying is.. I don't think too many folks have a 7.85 yet.. hopefully soon will get more feedback from people as they can acquire them..
Ive seen them on Ebay and Amazon if you feel like being violated

I'm trying to see if I can rig up my own mount but I dont have my crystalsky yet. Could you do me a huge favor and give me some measurements of that battery release button location? I got the dimensions for everything else in another thread. Thanks!

Looking from the back

On the 5.5
5mm up from the bottom
50mm from LH Side
21mm from RH Side.

On the 7.85 it's right up above the battery and not an issue.

I also also done an updated video on CrystalSky below and I have added to the first post in external use too

Reactions: perry081064
Which version of the 7.85" unit were you testing? 1000 nits or 2000 nits?

The 1k, Only 1000 nits is available as it stands and the 2000 has not been seen in the flesh by anyone yet I believe.

I would bet around November for the 2000 to start to show.

Reactions: Advexure
I can see this forum is going to be hard on my wallet. My wife already doesn't let me go to Home Depot or Best Buy without Adult Supervision. Now she's going to add mavicpilots.com to the list... I really want a CS.

Haha happens to us all! :D She'll really enjoy watching on the CS as you fly! ;)

Reactions: Phlier
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike