DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI did something clever to Air 3 Owners

projectarjun

Reactions
I never considered utilizing LUTS in video production until recently when my Air 3 went airborne for the first time - I find myself doing more in post versus previous drones I've owned in the past. ND filters only help in cutting down light. Color on the other hand is largely contingent on the sensor itself. My next flight is definitely going to be shot in DLOG-M followed by overlaying video utilizing one of the many LUTS packages available on the internet. Let's see how this goes.

Good thing the Mavic 4 will not come out until sometime later next year. The Mini 4 Pro is great for travel, the Air 3 falls within the Goldilocks Zone, the Mavic series on the other hand should be reserved for another discussion

definitely use an ND filter when necessary on the Air 3, a lot more could have been done for the Air 3 in terms of picture quality but I will deal with it as is until DJI releases the next Mavic or Air series

Honestly, after yesterday's successful flight, I'm content with what the Air 3 offers - it has the best of both worlds - I never thought the tele-lens would be useful to me, but I see myself using it in almost flight and that too appropriately. Technology advances rapidly, lets see what DJI brings to the table a couple of years from now

My clients have raved over the image quality that I have sent them using the Air 3. I shoot using the 48 mp
My clients love the quality of the images that I get with my Air 3 using 48mp. I shoot in DNG and post process as needed and I am getting excellent results. I am not into pixel peeping and neither are my clients. We all just want high quality publication worthy imagery, and the Air 3 delivers.

I never considered utilizing LUTS in video production until recently when my Air 3 went airborne for the first time - I find myself doing more in post versus previous drones I've owned in the past. ND filters only help in cutting down light. Color on the other hand is largely contingent on the sensor itself. My next flight is definitely going to be shot in DLOG-M followed by overlaying video utilizing one of the many LUTS packages available on the internet. Let's see how this goes.

Good thing the Mavic 4 will not come out until sometime later next year. The Mini 4 Pro is great for travel, the Air 3 falls within the Goldilocks Zone, the Mavic series on the other hand should be reserved for another discussion
Don't forget that DJI supplies a LUT for the Air 3: D-Log to Rec.709 LUT - Download Center - DJI

That being said don't be afraid to color correct without a lut - experiment and see what you can get :)

"ND filters only help in cutting down light." thats the only job for an ND filter, nothing more and nothing less...
Theoretically yes.
In real life some add a colour cast. Some add softness.
I speak from experience. Not all ND filters do exactly what they advertise.

Reactions: Xi Zhou and NoBozos
I recently ordered Freewell ND filters. A lot of people say they are the best and why I went with them. One thing I like about the Freewell I got for the Air 3 is that they have different densities for the two lenses, since they have different apertures. Most of the other filers are the same for both cameras.

I guess if you are auto mode the camera will adjust and they may look the same, but if in Pro Mode you would need to shot at different shutter speeds to get the same exposure for the two cameras.

Reactions: Xi Zhou
I recently ordered Freewell ND filters. A lot of people say they are the best and why I went with them. One thing I like about the Freewell I got for the Air 3 is that they have different densities for the two lenses, since they have different apertures. Most of the other filers are the same for both cameras.

I guess if you are auto mode the camera will adjust and they may look the same, but if in Pro Mode you would need to shot at different shutter speeds to get the same exposure for the two cameras.
I’m looking at the same Freewell split-ND set. Which one do you find yourself using most in sunny days when recording video? I’m thinking the most useful one will be the one that has an ND16 for the tele and ND32 for the wide.

Reactions: Xi Zhou
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas