DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI drone ( any sort ) won't land. Just curious, who has encountered this problem and with what drone ?

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
I have noticed the odd thread about this and just got curious.
I might have encountered it once during my first flight with a second hand Mavic 2 but that was, I think, a welter of confusion on my part and I probably did something daft.
Since then, that I recollect, every drone has, after a short delay, responded to my holding the throttle closed and landed.

Presumably you are not interested in tales of other brands doing that, but my old Typhoon H was notorious for it - and it happened as often as 1 in 10 flights ! You'd be bringing that puppy down from 250 ft or so, and all would be fine, and then at somewhere around 40 ft it would just stop, and refuse to descend any more ! Over time I learned that I could usually 'fix' it by rising 100 ft then trying the descent again. Nobody at Yuneec or its various forums seemed to have any confirmed idea why it did this, but it was one of the several reasons I retired that craft as 'unsafe' 4 years ago.

On a separate, but related note, I do notice that a lot of the time my little M4P considers my orange landing pad as 'possibly unsafe to land on' and requires that extra confirmation click before it will land on it.

Last edited:
The few times I’ve encountered this, I was also presented with a message that the aircraft didn’t like what it was seeing at the landing area.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
The few times I’ve encountered this, I was also presented with a message that the aircraft didn’t like what it was seeing at the landing area.
Yep seen that a time or two myself and had to do something to get past the message but it was was enough that I don't remember what it was lol. Maybe Aeroj's additional screen touch.

I recollect it actually prevented the landing of a mini 1 or 2 in critical battery landing mode from landing, deliberate test. It didn't land until the battery reached 0%, it then started to lower itself.

I have 4 DJI drones and have never had this happen with any of them.

I have noticed the odd thread about this and just got curious.
I might have encountered it once during my first flight with a second hand Mavic 2 but that was, I think, a welter of confusion on my part and I probably did something daft.
Since then, that I recollect, every drone has, after a short delay, responded to my holding the throttle closed and landed.
Have had my Mavic 2 zoom refuse to land once. Had to grab it by the belly and CCS with the other hand. After that I went through the GO4 app and turned landing protection off for both the Pro and the Zoom.

But here's one for you - oppo of mine was flying a practise run before a job we had in Wales in 2019 (Mavic pro platinum). He overflew a feature less than 100' away and his drone simply stopped dead in it's tracks and hovered in clear line of sight (70' AGL). Would not respond to any stick input. RTH failed to engage even after he powered off the RC. Low battery RTH failed to engage. Stayed in that position until the battery died and then it landed... in a straight line with full gravity assist.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoffreyBH