DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Drone Service pulls through again.

silverdragon

Reactions
16059767471102119553466369452887.jpg

I posted a thread a few days ago that I lost a screw from the rear left leg of my Mavic 2 Zoom and posted a few pictures, well I wrote to DJI Drone Service that I lost a screw and where could I aquire one? WELL, DJI Drone Service took it upon themself to send me a single screw. "HATS OFF TO THEM"

They realized that a fellow Drone Pilot was in dire need of this practically microscopic screw and sent it to me practically overnight.

Thank you DJI Drone service for taking evasive action and putting me back into the Sky..

Last edited:
I read your original post, which was a very recent post. Somewhere on this forum, it was written that DJI most likely did not read this forum. I think we now know otherwise. I know it’s a very inexpensive screw for them to send out, but it speaks to their level of customer service.

Congrats on the great outcome. Safe flying.

I read your original post, which was a very recent post. Somewhere on this forum, it was written that DJI most likely did not read this forum. I think we now know otherwise. I know it’s a very inexpensive screw for them to send out, but it speaks to their level of customer service.

Doubtful it was the forum, he states “I wrote to DJI Service that I lost a screw and where could I acquire one “

NOT Check!, Most people have the wrong thread locker to use laying around and it will cause more harm to your drone. Specifically it is the out gassing of the agents that will cause plastic to become brittle. Please use due diligence to research the correct product! Warning! Loctite eats plastic

And they sent that big box for that little screw??? That is some serious service!!! :)

Reread the post...OP contacted DJI about the issue.

Ok Guys Please don’t Take this thread to a different level of Discussion. It my fault no one else to blame. I was excited to write this that I forgot to put the Word DRONE in front of service in the 2 paragraph. See what excitement will do. It screws up posts. My apologies to all. One SilverDragon out.

• Love
Reactions: DoomMeister
Reread the post...OP contacted DJI about the issue.
It is irrelevant that he reached out versus them reading a forum. They did right by him by sending the part he needed. Which is the point the OP was making, and I agree with him.

DJI Drone Service Is not DJi.If that’s what he meant.

If the fastener Had thread lock on it you should put it on otherwise don’t
Correct on all counts, the screw has thread lock on it and DJI DRONE Service is a repair facility that specializes in repairing DJI Drones. I wasn't going to add this but I'm going to say this anyway. I ran into a problem with one of my Drones several months back and DJI DRONE Service bailed me out that time also. The reason I wrote about it this time is because I feel I owe it to them. TWICE They helped me on their Account. One last thing, I'm not purposely advocating for DDS this is all on my account and they indeed deserve it.

If the fastener Had thread lock on it you should put it on otherwise don’t

If you are unsure if the plastic isn't resistant to locktite you can use Permatex 19920 Plastic Threadlocker. It's low strength so you will be able to get the screw out down the road if you need to.

DJI DRONE Service bailed me out
I keep hearing great things about these guys and will be my first choice when I need service.

Reactions: DDS

If you are unsure if the plastic isn't resistant to locktite you can use Permatex 19920 Plastic Threadlocker. It's low strength so you will be able to get the screw out down the road if you need to.

I keep hearing great things about these guys and will be my first choice when I need service.
It seems Permatex 19920 Plastic Threadlocker. Has it been out of production for something like at least six years.
If you buy it it’ll probably be hardenrd.

Reactions: Otisangb
It seems Permatex 19920 Plastic Threadlocker. Has it been out of production for something like at least six years.
If you buy it it’ll probably be hardenrd.
didn't know that, had a container on my work bench, shows how much i've used it should probably check it cause your probably right, hardened. I'd google "plastic thread locker" for a replacement but I'm to lazy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000