DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Drones: Mavic 1, 2, Panthom Motor Life Span

AbUAVdC

Reactions
This is an original thread from this link . How long shall a mavic air, Pro, Platinum, M2, M2Z, last? IE. Motors when to replace?
How long you’ve been flying with your DJI Drones.

Assuming the aircraft isn't crashed, most people will never have to replace the motors. DJI has no recommended replacement schedule since it's not a part that should need to be routinely replaced.

New thread why? You shouldn’t end up with any different answers.

The motors are not the weak link in the Mavic/phantom propulsion system. A simple search will reveal that motor failures are rare.

Should a motor need replacement in service it will almost always reveal itself as being on the way out rather than fail without warning. You can easily check motors with no special tools or knowledge. Simply manipulate them with your fingers to feel for any significant axial play and/or end float in the beatings. Rotating should reveal any roughness also. And trust your ears and your eyes. A change in sound during operation, vibration and any change in flight time should also give cause for further investigation.

Relax and fly. Motors are the least of your worries with these birds.

New thread why? You shouldn’t end up with any different answers.
- It’s okay. Brainstorming and experiences are pouring anyways!

The motors are not the weak link in the Mavic/phantom propulsion system. A simple search will reveal that motor failures are rare.

Should a motor need replacement in service it will almost always reveal itself as being on the way out rather than fail without warning. You can easily check motors with no special tools or knowledge. Simply manipulate them with your fingers to feel for any significant axial play and/or end float in the beatings. Rotating should reveal any roughness also. And trust your ears and your eyes. A change in sound during operation, vibration and any change in flight time should also give cause for further investigation.

Relax and fly. Motors are the least of your worries with these birds.
I thought it was “235 hours” for the Mavic 2 Pro based on the info from the other thread....

Reactions: AbUAVdC
Don't worry too much about longevity, my motto is, if you look after your possessions generally they will probably look after you.

Reactions: Kelly and AbUAVdC
It really depends how hard you're running the motors, and also how dusty and humid the air is. Google 'RC bearing maintenance' for some good tips.
I thought all of the recently released motors are brushless?? -- i.e. No bearings..

I thought all of the recently released motors are brushless?? -- i.e. No bearings..
Brushless just means no conductive brushes as electrical contacts, so no wearable parts. All these motors have bearings, but drones are relatively easy on them compared to say an off road RC truck.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming