DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI drones spying USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two-cents are this, my drone or anyone's drone isn't going to show China something they can't already see with Google earth or all the satellites flying around.
I have wondered on this. I think there are things drone footage could reveal. For example, google could show some crop damage, drone footage could reveal the extent and even what’s causing it, for economic advantage. Also, google earth doesn’t actually have things like street-view etc. in some countries; drone footage would be an advantage. Likewise, it may provide more up-to-date info, if, say, you flew every day at a location and CCP wanted daily data on something you were inadvertently photographing- everything from ‘fishing vessels’ to storm damage.
On a side note too, I wonder if there is a way to ‘infect’ personal drones remotely. Say, to tell all drones near X place (helipad, airport etc.) to drop their control signal within certain times and RTH to a pre-ordained place or height to cause chaos? Included in an “update”. Be a dream weaponisation to keep an airforce or emergency response disrupted, especially if someone was using a live-stream app that could likewise be hacked for propaganda.

Guys I just deleted a post as it was trying to start up this old thread. Is no need.
CLOSED​

Reactions: Thomas B
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569