DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Dropped the Ball on Dual Remote Controller...

Randall8686

Reactions
So I wanted to use the Dual Remote controller feature with the other half. She likes to be involved and would love to have a fly and more importantly pan and tilt the gimble. So i thought great i will just buy another controller right? The feature is listed on the datasheets and DJI even have a youtube video on how it works

Could not find a controller on DJI website so contact their customer service via live chat. Ask where can i find the controller for sale "sorry sir we dont sell the controllers on their own" WHAT! but you list this feature and have a video on how to use it "sorry sir there is no way to buy another controller" so i replied what if i have lost my controller. "in that case contact customer support who MAY be able to help"

How can they release a feature and not then sell the second controller.The online chat did not even know what the Dual controller feature was????

Rant over lol but seriously how stupid is it that you cannot buy a remote?

I believe this was more to fix the goggles issue with the M2P than to allow the use of an actual second controller. Someone with more knowledge could probably chime in to confirm but I know the threads I read on the fix for the goggle with the M2s and the lack of range when using the goggles all pointed to the firmware update that allowed dual RC.

I believe this was more to fix the goggles issue with the M2P than to allow the use of an actual second controller. Someone with more knowledge could probably chime in to confirm but I know the threads I read on the fix for the goggle with the M2s and the lack of range when using the goggles all pointed to the firmware update that allowed dual RC.
Maybe so but seems pointless publishing a video on how to do it, enabling the feature and listing it as a feature if you cannot buy the second remote dont you think? Fair enough if the feature was not published and they did not create a video on how to do it but seems crazy that you cannot buy another remote?

That is very interesting! How can we control the drone with two remotes controllers is this possible?

Unfortunately, that is a Mavic Pro, not 2 Pro in the clip.

I believe this capability was designed as a Master/Slave situation and mainly for teaching someone to fly a quad. An instructor/student kind of deal. But, even with the M1P, it didn't create an Inspire 2 situation i.e., it did not give the slave camera controls and it doesn't for the M2's either. No doubt DJI wants all of us that are requesting this capability to buy an Inspire or bigger. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61