DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI enterprise launch

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
just watched the Launch of the new DJI Enterprise drone and accessories, and also the automatic ,store, launch, retrieve, Docking station ,i am sure it will be on the shopping list of many SAR ,and LE ,and other professional drone users an amazing piece of kit

Amazing drone. Perfect for commercial use. I am thinking !!!

The price is not bad.

For what it does, you're right, that's not a bad price even with the thermal added on. Now I just need to sell a couple cars, or a kidney, or kids....🤣
I agree. From a business perspective, $13K is relatively inexpensive for what the drone does. You have to see how the military burn money with a small UAV that does not do 1/8 of what this drone does for one-time use. $75K each. I have a friend that uses them in the army for recognizing missions and they self explore after the 20 minutes missions.

These drones can replace helicopter operations for search and rescue making them much more efficient and waaaaayyyyy most cost-effective. A good helicopter can cost about 1K an hour to operate if not more.

Now we know where the DJI geniuses have been spending their time. As a long time drone operator, this just blows my mind, love the redundancy, 3 propellor backup (although never lost a drone through a prop./motor failure), all weather ops, hot swapable battery on the controller, etc. As you say, this is for serious SAR & inspection, it’s not for photographers & recreational users. [ADMIN removed political comment]

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it does, you're right, that's not a bad price even with the thermal added on. Now I just need to sell a couple cars, or a kidney, or kids....🤣
Wife for sale.....excellent cook and general household tasks all for the pricen of this drone.......ow sorry sale cancelled she's been reading over rmy shoulder 🤣

I am using a MEA right now for search and rescue type work and have been quite happy with it. We will be acquiring more Enterprise drones and figured that DJI would be using the M3 platform for the next generation. I am very happy to see that it appears that they skipped the POS M3 platform and have gone with a much better, abit more expensive design. I look forward to getting mty hands on one.

Reactions: slozukimc
just watched the Launch of the new DJI Enterprise drone and accessories, and also the automatic ,store, launch, retrieve, Docking station ,i am sure it will be on the shopping list of many SAR ,and LE ,and other professional drone users an amazing piece of kit
I just watched it and did some research on it also. I'm a first responder and wildland firefighter and we've been looking at adding a drone into our tool box. A few months ago we looked at one that is tethered and doesn't need a pilot. Great capabilities but with a price tag of $60,000 it was hard to justify it. After seeing the Matrice 30T it has great capabilities at a fraction of the cost. The downside is that we would need to train pilots to use it, but more of a detriment is that it would be 1-2 bodies that wouldn't be available for firefighting duties, and many times we need all of the bodies we can get. Still, it's a viable option that we may need to look into.

Reactions: old man mavic
I am using a MEA right now for search and rescue type work and have been quite happy with it. We will be acquiring more Enterprise drones and figured that DJI would be using the M3 platform for the next generation. I am very happy to see that it appears that they skipped the POS M3 platform and have gone with a much better, abit more expensive design. I look forward to getting mty hands on one.

What ever happened to the old days when a company made sure the product was ready for market before putting it there? Seems like something like that would have been tested. For the price and purpose of anything labelled Enterprise that stuff had derned well better work perfect every time it comes out in my opinion.

Furthermore, for what it would cost, and the purpose of the machines they should come with a dedicated screen and not rely on a tablet or phone.

To sum up my rant; should dji be using first responders and safety inspectors as beta testers? No. It is bad enough they do it to consumer grade products, let alone something designed for critical work and safety operations.

Mike

What ever happened to the old days when a company made sure the product was ready for market before putting it there?
Those days only exist in your imagination.
Seems like something like that would have been tested. For the price and purpose of anything labelled Enterprise that stuff had derned well better work perfect every time it comes out in my opinion.
In the realm of cutting-edge technology I've yet to find a perfect product. Can you name any?
Furthermore, for what it would cost, and the purpose of the machines they should come with a dedicated screen and not rely on a tablet or phone.
Such as the dual-control RC Plus?
To sum up my rant; should dji be using first responders and safety inspectors as beta testers? No. It is bad enough they do it to consumer grade products, let alone something designed for critical work and safety operations.

Mike
First responders can choose from old, tried and tested technology, or go with the latest technology that will always tend to have teething problems. The number of agencies and responders choosing the latter tells you what those who actually do this work, myself included, value more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne