DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Event - November 5th 2020

Still I can’t comprehend why are 3 persons on the teaser picture and we’ve got only Mini 2 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] 2 is not 3!

I got bored with the video a third of the way in.
Did he ever talk about the product? Or was it just the marketing.

An expensive toy. As far as I see, professional equipment should be updated before "toys". The Mini was released AFTER the Mavic 2, Inspire 2, and Phantom 4. I don't see why they should release a new Mini before those. Now the Inspire 2 is amazing as it is, but I'd really like to see AT LEAST a new Mavic 3.

How many professional drone users are there?

How many hobbyist/amateur drone users are there?

As a professional, you understand the running of a business. Which you manufacture, a drone that is of interest and price range of 20% of the market, people prepared to pay that much or needing those features and prepared to put up with the size, or one that appeals to 80% of the market? I think the weight of numbers has it.

I understand your frustration, I have an Air and I do use it for some professional work. It does provide good images but only in good light. I too would like a more capable camera with greater resolution and low light capability. The video side of it isn't so important to me. That is one aspect I want to learn - it is the editing that defeats me!

How many professional drone users are there?

How many hobbyist/amateur drone users are there?

As a professional, you understand the running of a business. Which you manufacture, a drone that is of interest and price range of 20% of the market, people prepared to pay that much or needing those features and prepared to put up with the size, or one that appeals to 80% of the market? I think the weight of numbers has it.

I understand your frustration, I have an Air and I do use it for some professional work. It does provide good images but only in good light. I too would like a more capable camera with greater resolution and low light capability. The video side of it isn't so important to me. That is one aspect I want to learn - it is the editing that defeats me!
I agree with you but I must mention that Canon releases more professional cameras than Consumer. Let's be honest, almost everyone has, a camera (Usually Canon), or at least that was how it used to be before phones began getting amazing cameras. Yet, Canon still released more pro-sumer cameras than consumer. I'd say that they realize that professionals should come before consumers. It's like a manufacturer making more guns for normal people because there is a greater demand coming from normal people as opposed to the military or police or whatever. I mean, you gotta understand that first things come first, and what should come first, would be professional equipment. Now I'm not saying that DJI should never have released the Mavic Mini 2 but couldn't they have worked on the Mavic 3 and released it before the Mavic Mini 2? After all, the Mini 1 was released after the Mavic 2 so therefore, the Mini 1 is technically more recent than the Mavic 2, therefore, it doesn't really need to be updated.

Everything is relative, and how you define words. I have friends who have Inspires and use them as nothing more than a toy; no interest in any real photography or anything else (fortunately, they let me fly them often). On the other hand, lots of folks make money with far lesser drones. I still have an original MA (still waiting for the elusive Mavic 3 release), and while I've made some money with it, most of the time I just take it up for fun, i.e., using it as a toy. I guess someone could try to come up with a philosophical difference between a child's toy and an adult's hobby, but it's basically the same thing when it comes down to it. A Sony a9 is a serious tool for most people, but there are some folks who just put it on auto and take selfies.

Except for the Tello. Clearly a toy. But I have a ton of fun with the little Tello. Best of all, I can let my kids fly it, which they love, and if we lose or crash it (actually, crashing is fine. Tellos are fairly indestructible) then, whatever. I'm out $80 and my kids can ask the grandparents for a new one for Christmas. Given the programming aspect, its pretty educational, too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat