DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Flight Simulator for Mini

100tonmaster

Reactions
Does anyone know if or when DJI Flight Simulator will support the Mini?
Thanks.
Be safe and well.

I think it won't (ever) support the Mini... but apparently you can still use the RC and have fun with it.

20200106_000059.jpg

Bro dji simulator is working with mavic mini.
I tried and working fine. But there is no mavic mini drone you can virtually fly mavic or other drones

For me as a new pilot DJI Flight Simulator looks great.
Sadly there is no Mavic Mini in Simulator so what other drone is similar in flight characteristics to Mavic Mini for practise? Mavic Air? Spark? Mavic Pro? Mavic 2 Pro?

How do you exit after simulation to the main menu? It's easy to exit from main menu into Windows, but how to exit from flight to main menu? Someone said "click on the DJI symbol in the top left" but it doesn't work for me, nothing happened. In fact I can't click to almost anything with mouse, except on icon to change Grid lines, but nothing else.

For someone who is more experienced in flying and who tried this DJI Flight Simulator, how accurate is this Simulator in representing real flight with these DJI drones?

Here is DJI Flight Simulator. It's free for download and use.

I am new also and I fly in simulator these past few days, it helps me for practise to use both sticks in the same time, I have in my mind idea how to take some videos but I need to practise how to fly in that way. Yesterday I tried in real flight something that I practised in simulator, and it worked.

Also, someone said that is important to try ATTI mode in simulator, I tried it, and it's weird, I didn't expect it that way, when I fly forward and let go a stick drone continues to go forward. So I would agree that it is important to practise ATTI mode a bit, so that we know what we can expect in real flight.

My complaint with the DJI Simulator is that it only works on PCs. I find it interesting, and annoying, that this is the case. Seems they prefer Mac phones and iPads for use with their drones....but not the simulator?

My complaint with the DJI Simulator is that it only works on PCs. I find it interesting, and annoying, that this is the case. Seems they prefer Mac phones and iPads for use with their drones....but not the simulator?

DJI are a Chinese company, and a lot of their market is China. Macs are not at all common in China, compared to Windows PCs. However iPhones and iPads are very common in China, as well as Android phones. So it's probably just a case of there not being enough demand for Mac versions of their software to make it worthwhile them hiring Mac developers. Maybe if enough people in places where Macs are common (mainly USA/Canada and possibly UK) request it, then they may do it.

I've got a friend who works in China some of the time, and he had terrible issues trying to use a MacBook there - nobody in the company had ever seen one, let alone used one enough to offer support about connecting to their systems. He ended up getting a cheap Windows Lenovo to use for work, and keeps the MacBook for personal use only.

I'm sure a good portion of their market is China, but considering they hold something like 85% of the drone market, I feel no sympathy for a firm of that size not being willing to built a piece of software for both Mac and PC. When I first saw that a simulator was available, I thought it might be of some help....but likely would have used it very little, anyhow.

Lots of creative professionals use Macs....and while I don't know how many would actually use the simulator...it just seems like a bit of a snub to me. I should add that I don't hold a grudge, I am well pleased with my MM. And my Ronin S.

That all being said, I don't "love" Apple, and particularly don't think much of Bill Gates these days...I just use what works best for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh