DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Flight Simulator II (Trial Version) -- Anyone get it to work?

Yes, I have used it with my MPP. Actually I have let my 7 year old use it so he can learn and have a bit of fun without me having to worry about an actual crash!

The odd thing is that that drone appears to be ATTI mode on the simulator and I cannot seem to change it. It constantly drifts and does not 'hold position' like it should, which makes it a lot more complicated.

Anyone have a fix for that issue?

Reactions: Hauptmann
You need to press "V" even if using a dedicated (DJI) controller.
When I was trying it out there were Sport (S), Position (P), and ATTI (A) modes that could be switched through by pressing V.

Why DJI Flight Simulator II? I came to know this 2 weeks ago and for me it was one version.

Reactions: westwind77
I've installed and configured the simulator and driver properly. It runs and looks fine, but the controls are wonky. The simulated drone has a bad drifting problem that I have to constantly counter, and I can't seem to change the view. That is, I can't look at the controller and I can't change to the view from the Mavic. I'm stuck in the grounded line-of-sight mode which means that I can't fly it very far. I have a new Win10 Samsung laptop and the Mavic 2 Pro standard controller. Although pressing on C1 and C2, they beep but have no function.

I finally got it to work--sorta. M laptop has too sluggish a processor and/or too little RAM. I'll upgrade (when I can afford to), to a system which will handle H.265 video rendering. Any suggestions?

Yes, I have used it with my MPP. Actually I have let my 7 year old use it so he can learn and have a bit of fun without me having to worry about an actual crash!

The odd thing is that that drone appears to be ATTI mode on the simulator and I cannot seem to change it. It constantly drifts and does not 'hold position' like it should, which makes it a lot more complicated.

You're letting your SEVEN year old learn to fly drones? Kids today pick up tech stuff better and faster than we do. Before long, he'll be teaching you!

Every time I try to run this on my Windows 10 machine I get the error DJI_FS.EXE is either missing or moved. Have any of you had this problem?

You're letting your SEVEN year old learn to fly drones? Kids today pick up tech stuff better and faster than we do. Before long, he'll be teaching you!

Your not living vicariou
You need to press "V" even if using a dedicated (DJI) controller.
When I was trying it out there were Sport (S), Position (P), and ATTI (A) modes that could be switched through by pressing V.

Why DJI Flight Simulator II? I came to know this 2 weeks ago and for me it was one version.

I think to avoid confusion as there is a Basic Flight Simulator integrated into DJI assistant.

WTF: The official DJI site download link has a Trojan too?

Last edited:

So are you saying that the MPP controller now works with the new Simulator?

For me the gimbal tilt and the 4 control directions used to work flawlessly.
This was all I needed.
The sensitivity and exp of the MP(P) controller could also be configured.

I first ran it on my computers that didn't have a graphics card. If I waiting long enough, the other screens do show up, but it runs at maybe 5 secs per frame. Yes, seconds per frame, not frames per second. Then I ran it on a PC with a GTX 960 graphics board, which is the minimum graphics card. Night and day. It was a joy to use and the rendering was very impressive. Impressive enough that I went ahead and got a RTX2070, which is 300x faster than the GTX 960. This is near the top end card (Top end is RTX2080, but at >$1000, too pricey). The 2070's rendering is better, flowers look perfect, etc, but the controller response was still excellent as is was in the GTX 960. I'm not good enough to control the drone through the racing circuits, controls are very touchy, but just wandering around in the farm, hanger, and island are loads of fun.

Reactions: Microwave89
Here’s a great example of how DJI need a new software team. In the old days they thought things through thought of everything.

The simulator that’s in Assistant 2 is a gem. So simple but effective. They figured the best way to do a sim was to hook up YOUR drone to the simulator and intercept the commands given by YOUR drones flight controller so that in the sim it would be like flying YOUR drone.

This is invaluable and can’t be understated the importance of having YOUR drone hooked up because if there’s a problem or something you can can see how YOUR drone will react. Also this way you can tweak YOUR drone’s settings before taking it out into the wild instead of spending valuable daylight and battery doing that.

When I heard about the sim I was excited because the biggest downside of using the Assistant 2 sim is it’s just open space and no live view on your device. So I thought the new sim would be like Assistant 2 but with obstacles to fly around and POIs to film but no they completely missed the mark. This is a video game a simulator is false advertising. Why anyone would spend $1000 to train pilots to play a video game is beyond me because it absolutely is not an analog for real flight. I think it could actually be detrimental. Reinforcing the wrong thing.

I've set up the DJI Flight Simulator in a 64bit Win10 install using Parallels Desktop on a Mac. I was able to get the simulator to work once, with my Mavic 2 Pro controller connected, but every subsequent attempt has crashed with an 'Unreal operation' Windows error message. Is anyone using this setup, and do you have any idea how to resolve this? As I said, I did get it to work for about 30 minutes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121