DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.2.0 Released

Thanks for all the details. I’m on IOS and not using auto updates but get notification of new version on the app. So I got a notification Tursday which I installed and another one Sunday morning, installed too. Thinking it was the new 1.2 version coming with the MM2 launch. Seeing the two disconnections issues I got and all the problems posted here, I thought I got the last version. Seems like I’m still on 1.1.6. I did some test flights over land yesterday and it went well. I will wait before forcing a 1.2 version through Apple store.
I think I noted in this thread maybe, another for sure, go to Profile -> Settings, and the menu on the left look for logout, probably have to scroll a little, and the bottom below logout, it displays the current version you are running,,

You will eventually see 1.2 as an update in the App store, if you do not already, you just want to keep skipping it and do not manually install it till another update comes out that resolves issues with the current version.

You may want to wait even when that happens till a few braver flyers give it a spin and say its stable., Seems like there is always something new or maybe broken, but right now, seems like 1.2.0 is one to wait for the next one..

If you want to refresh, when viewing the Account screen in the IOS App Store, slide down with your finger a ways, if you have haptics on, you'll feel a tap, and you'll see an icon spin at the top for a moment or two, and then you may note that you have more updates then you did before...

I am now on Fly App 1.2.0.

Is it just me or is this version now more sensitive to detecting WiFi interference?

Now, everytime I fly I get this message of strong WiFi interference.

I never got that on the older version of the app.

:oops:?
If you read through any of the discussion on the forums (there are multiple threads) about this version of the Fly app, you'll note that many people have had many issues with 1.2.0 and are recommending waiting if on IOS, because you cannot go back, or, you can revert one way or another if you are on Android to a previous version.

There maybe some workarounds, occasionally you'll see someone say they did this or that on IOS and it seems to work, not sure about that...

New software i seen im on my way home to see if its true
3b3b2ca74fd427b380ecd88b3c80f6be.jpg

So guys it did fix crap

I updated to thew firmware and refreshed the controler via pc then uninstalled 1.20 app on Android. I reinstalled the app and connected drone. before I flew I re linked controller and rebooted both rc and drone. I then calibrated the drone as well as imu. I rebooted both drone and rc. I took off and same **** drone rth after 30 ft. using samsung note 10 plus
d876dfae31feb1c4c403aca59e18a83d.jpg
600a0be21a2929340db2a33da1428a25.jpg
b9297c8c0a9b62d7c793303e44634a59.jpg
94cbe5e4750802b950b0b5c839804fc3.jpg

@dirtfishingman, you said it fixed something, but the data you displayed seems to have errors.. Am I missing something obvious?

I ment to say new firmware and after a test run I had issues big time I refreshed it and uninstslled the app and tried again and seems to be ok but times will tell
So, sometimes the details count, so you installed the new AC firmware, took a flight had issues..

Went back, and refreshed ... now was that just the app, or everything, all RC,AC firmware and the app??? Aaannnd then you took another flight and things looked much better... And when you refreshed the app, was that IOS or Droid? And did you delete and re-install but you still installed 1.2.0?

Sorry I was just testing real quick between my kid school stuff.

Yes updated the firmware and did a clean install of the app off the play store. Then calibrated imu and GPS. Took a flight and it went south real quick. 30ft away and it went to RTH. Went inside to see of I can roll back the software and in DJI assistant there was no option to roll back just the current software.

So I refreshed the RC and drone. Then on the phone I uninstalled the Fly and and downloaded it again.

Took a flight around and seems to be good but this is just 1 flight I guess time will tell.

I'm on a samsung note 10+ and using 1.2.0 app

Sorry I was just testing real quick between my kid school stuff.

Yes updated the firmware and did a clean install of the app off the play store. Then calibrated imu and GPS. Took a flight and it went south real quick. 30ft away and it went to RTH. Went inside to see of I can roll back the software and in DJI assistant there was no option to roll back just the current software.

So I refreshed the RC and drone. Then on the phone I uninstalled the Fly and and downloaded it again.

Took a flight around and seems to be good but this is just 1 flight I guess time will tell.

I'm on a samsung note 10+ and using 1.2.0 app
Well the last flight looked promising, though sure seems like a lot of hoops to achieve stability.. if you get more good flights, maybe its just a matter of installing it all at once and it works.

This seems to have come out piecemeal and perhaps contributed to all the issues.

Reactions: dirtfishingman
Here's an update.

I hope it helps some of you having issues. Yesterday was a fail for the update and firmware.
I'm running a Samsung 10+ and running Fly app 1.2.0 and drone firmware 0460 and RC 1101. I updated DJI assistant 2 and when I did a test run the drone RTH 24ft out. I took the battery out and rebooted my phone same issues.

I tried to roll back the firmware and it wasn't showing up with older firmware.

So I started fresh. I reloaded the firmware on Drone and RC then uninstalled the Fly app on my phone, rebooted it and installed it.

Went back outside for one last flight. Before I flew I re linked the controller and drone then Calibrated the IMU and Compass. Made sure I was in airplane mode and too off.

I had a great flight no signal loss or dropping or freezing.

Today with help of my buddies as spotters I took 2 longer flights. I went 11,000ft on one and almost 7000ft on another.

I had 2 little issues the video on my phone was jerky so changed the transmission from HD to smooth and it was much better. I never had an issue before. (The video downloaded was fine just screen transmission. 2nd issue I had the signal dropped from 100 to 0 around 7000ft. But then back to 100.

I can say by doing these steps it seemed to clear up alot issues I had. Hope this helps
86c20636d9ab15b559f3a492d38fa651.jpg
de1ab9c3663e17a5f1a8ce72d7574788.jpg
9eeaa3a1e4fd37b0b3ded1d77b23f9f3.jpg

Yes, I have noted on IOS V1.2.1 is available... you may have to "refresh" in the App Store page to get it to show up.

I had a big problem with FLY 1.2.0. Video transmission on Moto Z3 was scrambled in Photo Mode. It was fine in Video Mode. Tried uninstalling 1.2.0, deleting folder and re-installing but still had the problem, Uninstalled and downgraded to 1.1.10 and all fine. Here is a screenshot of scrambled screen. BTW if I took a photo while screen was scrambled, photo came out fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201113-134911.png
    Screenshot_20201113-134911.png
    2 MB · Views: 11
I had a big problem with FLY 1.2.0. Video transmission on Moto Z3 was scrambled in Photo Mode. It was fine in Video Mode. Tried uninstalling 1.2.0, deleting folder and re-installing but still had the problem, Uninstalled and downgraded to 1.1.10 and all fine. Here is a screenshot of scrambled screen. BTW if I took a photo while screen was scrambled, photo came out fine.
Try 1.2.1 and see if it works, you can always revert again...

I am on App v1.2.0 on IOS and so far, I have no issues except for the irritating "high interference blah blah" alert.

I can live with it though.

One thing I noticed and though not scientific, I seem to be getting relatively better range than before.

Anyway for me and rather than do a rollback, I will continue with 1.2.0 and just wait for the bug fixes in future versions.

With this much noise on this version, I am sure DJI will be sensitive enough to address this soon.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memotec