DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.2.5 update

I am using the new 1.2.5 update, and I am so happy they fixed the green screen overlay that would happen once I regained connection after losing it briefly - sometimes it was kinda cool, because it looked like night vision, but mostly was aggravating, because it persisted in the recordings.

I also flew in light ice rain/snow mix, and it performed fantastic!

I love this little drone, and I hardly take out my Mavic Pro anymore, I just wish it had obstacle avoidance sensors and follow me mode. Next version I suppose.

I am using the new 1.2.5 update, and I am so happy they fixed the green screen overlay that would happen once I regained connection after losing it briefly - sometimes it was kinda cool, because it looked like night vision, but mostly was aggravating, because it persisted in the recordings.

I also flew in light ice rain/snow mix, at a little over 300 feet, and it performed fantastic!

I love this little drone, and I hardly take out my Mavic Pro anymore, I just wish it had obstacle avoidance sensors and follow me mode. Next version I suppose.

I am a newbie and only have about 1hr of fly time so far using the 1.2.5 with my MM2 and the only issue I've noticed is that I can't enable the "Allow upward gimble rotation" function. Not sure if that is the app or firmware or something else because everything is new to me. I've also primarily flown in my shop because it has been too windy or snowing, to fly outside. Which means very close proximty to the drone. Not sure if that would offer any assistance or not. Might be wise to wait for someone with experience to comment.
Just enable it than back out of the setting back to main window of drone then go back and set it again. I figured it out by accident.

I am a newbie and only have about 1hr of fly time so far using the 1.2.5 with my MM2 and the only issue I've noticed is that I can't enable the "Allow upward gimble rotation" function. Not sure if that is the app or firmware or something else because everything is new to me. I've also primarily flown in my shop because it has been too windy or snowing, to fly outside. Which means very close proximty to the drone. Not sure if that would offer any assistance or not. Might be wise to wait for someone with experience to comment.
To initiate gimbal switch it on/off back out of setting then go in and toggle it to on. It worked for me. Figured out when I had same issue.

I’m sad to report that while out flying my Mini 2 today (over the ocean mind you) the DJI Fly app (1.2.5) running on a iPhone Xs (iOS 14.4) crashed. I quickly restarted the app and fortunately regained control of the AC. I panicked because I was filming surfers in the surf... and we all know how unstable this aircraft can be flying over water... especially waves.

mini 2 and 1.2.5 works better... I'm in New England and the weather has been crappy for flying so I didn't do much with 1.2.4 but the one flight as noted by others definitely had it blowing in the wind and not much wind at that... It seems very steady once again and the wind didn't move it much in a 150' straight up to shoot the horizon and straight back down, very little drift with 1.2.5
Glad to hear that !!! Just today I deleted the Fly App and down loaded the new DJI Fly App and it was 1.2.5 If its is as stable as you have experienced I'm looking forward to some gentle winds. I have not had a chance to really test 1.2.5 so I do hope that it does Fix some of the problems that DJI has focused on.
Its not a casual thing that causes a company to feel it necessary to push out a "fix" release as is 1.2.5.
If this release solves the majority of the problems that folks have been Bitching about, DJI will sigh a
sigh of relief, and the software team can go home for a couple of days. Thanks for your update...Ron USA

I’m sad to report that while out flying my Mini 2 today (over the ocean mind you) the DJI Fly app (1.2.5) running on a iPhone Xs (iOS 14.4) crashed. I quickly restarted the app and fortunately regained control of the AC. I panicked because I was filming surfers in the surf... and we all know how unstable this aircraft can be flying over water... especially waves.
Very sorry..... next time, try fly high

Reactions: SD-Pilot

I also flew in light ice rain/snow mix, and it performed fantastic!

Hi David.....just a quick question if you don't mind.....I also have 1.2.5 installed but I must say that the
Map at the lower left hand corner of the Fly App does not seem to expand in size even after I try to
Tap it several times. Do you see the same issue?? how can we see what the Home point is if we can't
expand the map?. The previous release back to 1.2.2 and probably 1.2.4 did show a larger expandable
Map. I'm interested to know what your showing for the Home Point Map....Ron

Do any of you folks know if The Camera Options can only be seen in "Normal Mode" and
NOT in "Cine" mode?? I thought that in 1.2.4 the Option to select any of those fancy features
could be used in Cine mode as well as Norma mode, but apparently not. I have 1.2.5 installed
on my Iphone 8. Thank you for any input on this question...Ron

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser