DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.2.5 update

SD-Pilot

Reactions
I just downloaded the DJI Fly app on my iOS device and wanted to know if anyone has flown their Mini 2 using this update. Thanks

I am a newbie and only have about 1hr of fly time so far using the 1.2.5 with my MM2 and the only issue I've noticed is that I can't enable the "Allow upward gimble rotation" function. Not sure if that is the app or firmware or something else because everything is new to me. I've also primarily flown in my shop because it has been too windy or snowing, to fly outside. Which means very close proximty to the drone. Not sure if that would offer any assistance or not. Might be wise to wait for someone with experience to comment.

Reactions: SD-Pilot
Hey thanks for the info. Since posting this, I did a some quick flights outside my house and was able to activate my upward gimbal rotation. I’m in the outside perimeter of a class B airspace, so I kept my test flights under 100ft. No problems at all. No issues with the gimbal doing weird things, no app crashes... everything went fine. Landed inserted another battery and did another test flight. No issues. I’m running an iPhone Xs operating on iOS 14.4.

I noticed that there’s another thread on this update so apologize for creating a lateral thread

DJI Fly 1.2.5 out for iOS...

I just downloaded the DJI Fly app on my iOS device and wanted to know if anyone has flown their Mini 2 using this update. Thanks
As of yesterday I flew both of my Mavic Mini 1. Seems more stable. Got strong wind warnings and well. I had problems before. One was screen loaded 180 degrees. Upside down screen and locked. That’s fixed. And no connection warnings

I still have 1.2.2. And I’m waiting for the upgrade. The app keeps crashing during editing.

I figured out the gimbal problem was operator error and all is fine now. I had one other glitch with the function button not working to control the recenter gimbal function. It fixed itself after I set it to a different function and then returned to the recenter function. All good now.

Reactions: The Harleyman
Pay no attention whatsoever to this particular Youtuber - he is well known for 'dramatising' things and using clickbait titles in an effort to garner more views on his channel. He is essentially full of BS.
Yep, I agree, I unsubscribed from this channel due to the negative clickbait titles. There are much better channels out there that are still honest without being overdramatic.

Reactions: Uncle Pete
Yep, I agree, I unsubscribed from this channel due to the negative clickbait titles. There are much better channels out there that are still honest without being overdramatic.
Absolutely right! In terms of UK Youtubers, I find 'Ian in London' to be the best by a long long way. He tells it as it is, no nonsense, only relevant and honest information with no clickbait whatsoever.

mini 2 and 1.2.5 works better... I'm in New England and the weather has been crappy for flying so I didn't do much with 1.2.4 but the one flight as noted by others definitely had it blowing in the wind and not much wind at that... It seems very steady once again and the wind didn't move it much in a 150' straight up to shoot the horizon and straight back down, very little drift with 1.2.5

Reactions: Donb1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21