DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pay for DJI Fly app???

SirMichael

Reactions
I just purchased a DJI Mini Prio 4 and the DJI Goggles Integra/RC2 combo.

I tried to fly the Mini 4 with the goggles and it won't let me fly farther than a few hundred feet. Says that it's not connected to the DJI Fly.

So I downloaded the DJI Fly app, and they want $10/month. Am I doing something wrong, or do I have to pay DJI to fly my drone in addition to the cost of the Drone combo & the goggles/RC2????
Can I install another app instead???

Sir Michael

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
So I downloaded the DJI Fly app, and they want $10/month.
There is no charge for the DJI Fly App. It is completely free. Where are you trying to download it from

So I downloaded the DJI Fly app, and they want $10/month
If you're downloading it to an Android device, you'll need to download DJI Fly from here. It's not available anywhere else.

Many Thanks for your Help. I downloaded it and it isn't asking for a payment.
Why does Android allow the fake app?
Why doesn't DJI have it listed on the App Store?

Sir Michael

Reactions: LoudThunder

Sir Michael
DJI is listed in the app store which is only accessible to IOS devices; if you are talking about the play store, then no it isn't there for android devices. Various answers why not but in short, doesn't qualify. the play store is rife with fake and counterfeit apps, it's not about Google allowing it. DJI depends on customers following instructions from DJI and not going off looking for apps that appear to look good on the outside but steal your money and details on the inside. I believe it is difficult and unproductive for DJI to spend a whole lot of time and effort on stamping out the fraud when Google could be doing more.

the play store is rife with fake and counterfeit apps, it's not about Google allowing it
But, it's Google's store. It seems they are allowing it if such listings exist.

But, it's Google's store. It seems they are allowing it if such listings exist.
There's only so much policing that can be done. It's a question that has been asked for years, I think "unable to deal with everything" is a better description than allowing (condoning) it. Obviously the worse offenders are dealt with but Google is hardly going to clean up or crack down copyright issues and apps that "ask" for money under dubious circumstances. If it gets past the Play Protect filters.....there are so many fake games I would be surprised if Goggle paid much attention to a non-game app. Reminds me of fake reviews on Amazon.

In any case, they have an excuse, section 2:

Hello from the Crossroads of America SirMichael.

Looks like your getting good advice already.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Made me looksy , I have never seen this before in playstore (NZ)
,,,holely socks mine says between $19 & $75 , must be gold lol😬🤕😱
50,000 downloads, na I dont think so
Screenshot_20240411-183820_Google Play Store.jpgScreenshot_20240411-183750_Google Play Store.jpg

• Wow

Sir Michael

The Android operating system has no control over what apps are written and distributed. It's up to the user to ensure that they're downloading the right app from the right source.

Friction between app developers and the app stores is common.

Would you post the link where you saw the bogus Fly app? It might help others avoid the same problem.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J