DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FLY 1.4.12 (blue dot compass )

I updated to 1.4.12. twice - first through the DJI download page and the second time through a prompt on the app. I was also prompted to update the MA2 firmware.

After doing all the updates, the compass is working just fine. Position of the MA2 relative to the controller (blue dot) is now accurate.

Based on my profile data, I am on DJI Fly v1.4.12(1420-official). By the way, I am using a Samsung A51 phone.

Has any of you have this pop up in the compass . Looks like avoidance

Attachments

• MA2.jpg
    MA2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 13
I just updated to 1.4.12.xxxx --- DJI really needs to expose the actual build info. So I don't know if I am at 1386,1410, 1420, or some later build.

The compass display does work, more or less, but I don't think it is working the same way as 1.4.8.xxxx. The arrow on the controller dot seems inverted. Now points at the drone, not relative to north, and rotation seems 180 off. That is, when the controller is pointing 90 off the drone, the arrow points away from the drone - not towards the drone like it once did. Though now the controller arrow changes color as it moves, red to green I think. Green when closer to pointing the antenna at the drone - but the left right swap has me guessing now.

Icon meanings:
Blue arrow: Orientation of the aircraft front
Greenlight under blue arrow: Direction of the gimbal and camera
White N icon: Due north
Yellow H icon Direction of the Home Point
Blue dot: Mobile device location; Triangle icon: Orientation of the remote controller (mobile device compass)
Gray dot: Mobile device location, with the weak satellite signal.

Anyone else still having issues with the compass?

Has any of you have this pop up in the compass . Looks like avoidance
I'm (no longer) thinking that is a GPS track... rather useless. But could also be OA. OA is much more useful; my tracks are red, but I'm only playing with the drone and new app indoors right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: antonebear
update to version 1.4.12 compass works incorrectly. Does not show the position where I am (blue dot) Mavic AIR 2 with Smart controller
I am attaching a photo of the new and old versions for comparison
It is a known issue in the one of the first versions of 1.4.12 try to update / reinstall to a new build

As a follow-up - I did install 1.4.12-1420; -1410 and I have reverted back to 1.4.8-1185.

The compass in .12 is simply messed up and not usable - even at distances of 1500 feet the arrow was green and still pointing behind me when facing the drone.

Last edited:
As a follow-up - I did install 1.4.12-1410; and I have reverted back to 1.4.8-1185.

The compass in .12 is simply messed up and not usable - even at distances of 1500 feet the arrow was green and still pointing behind me when facing the drone.
in my opinion Beta 1.4.8 (1185) is the most stable version
since it came out i still have this update i think i will not update the mini 2 anymore because i have no problem with 1185.

however I believe that with the latest version 1.4.12 (1420) the compass problem has been solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 1410 above is a typo - I installed 1420, the latest on the DJI web site about noon yesterday (10/22).

Last edited:
I saw that 1.4.12 is available (1425)and now the (1430)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr