DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.5.4 - 1390

Sparc343

Reactions
I just updated my DJI Fly app to 1.5.4-1365 today, and started getting a bunch of app crashes while flying my Mini 2... If I check for updates from within the app it tells me I am "up to date"... Though if I download directly from the official website/download - it downloads (what appears to be) 1.5.4-1390

Just trying to give a heads up to anyone else who may be having issues like myself! I find it peculiar that the app on my phone says it's 1.5.4-1365 and says it's "up to date", yet downloading from the official site downloads 1.5.4-1390... The only thing I can surmise is that maybe they have pushed that one to the web-page for people like myself that are having immediate "issues", but also plan on doing another update rather soon (so that anyone having problems can be told to DL from the website, as where not "pushing" the update to everyone since they'll likely be updating again *very* soon)... Either way, I will be installing the 1.5.4-1390 that I downloaded from my PC, tomorrow! Fingers crossed for less crashing!

Reactions: Gleb71
When I take off whit my Air 2s the video transfer to the phone freezes. Befor take off works normally. I delete version 1.5.4 and instal previous version 1.5.1 and everything works perfectly. I have Android Xiaomi 11

Reactions: Sparc343
I just updated my DJI Fly app to 1.5.4-1365 today, and started getting a bunch of app crashes while flying my Mini 2... If I check for updates from within the app it tells me I am "up to date"... Though if I download directly from the official website/download - it downloads (what appears to be) 1.5.4-1390

Just trying to give a heads up to anyone else who may be having issues like myself! I find it peculiar that the app on my phone says it's 1.5.4-1365 and says it's "up to date", yet downloading from the official site downloads 1.5.4-1390... The only thing I can surmise is that maybe they have pushed that one to the web-page for people like myself that are having immediate "issues", but also plan on doing another update rather soon (so that anyone having problems can be told to DL from the website, as where not "pushing" the update to everyone since they'll likely be updating again *very* soon)... Either way, I will be installing the 1.5.4-1390 that I downloaded from my PC, tomorrow! Fingers crossed for less crashing!
Try it and let me know!
I want to know if it's worth updating and if it's stable!

Try it and let me know!
I want to know if it's worth updating and if it's stable!

I am sad to announce that I actually didn't get to change versions today, I had a weather alert come through for high winds tomorrow for my area so I was in a hurry to deplete my batteries before the sun dropped (and it crashed a ton again, but of course I didn't change versions yet)...

Reactions: Yaros
I was finally able to download and install 1.5.4-1390, but I may not get a chance to fly the next day or two since we are expecting winds up to 60 MPH the next day or two =\

I will post back when I can!

What's new in this version?

Not sure TBH, I've been seeming to have problems finding that kind of stuff/information (from DJI)...

Earlier I was concerned about (not) keeping my batteries at 100% due to the Mini 2 "battery issue" I heard about (them not properly discharging themselves if left plugged in to the charger or drone); which upon even more "homework" seems was fixed with a firmware update; so I have been working on checking my firmware on my RC and AC... I should have been in bed long ago, but I ended up doing random drone crap ("homework") and wound up pulling an all nighter! Tomorrow I will try to assure the batteries all have the new firmware (too) so I don't have to worry about either manually keeping them ~60-80%, or keeping them out of 'devices' (charger or drone)!

Still likely will not be able to fly the next day or two, but I am going to charge up at least to 60-80%, and attempt to make sure I will not be subject to that discharge "problem"! I already heard the high winds rolling in tonight, there were several pretty nasty gusts out there blowing the neighborhood around! So I fully anticipate they'll last the next day or two as not only local weather outlets have predicted, but also my UAV Forecast app!

When I take off whit my Air 2s the video transfer to the phone freezes. Befor take off works normally. I delete version 1.5.4 and instal previous version 1.5.1 and everything works perfectly. I have Android Xiaomi 11
i flew my air 2 this afternoon to try out the 1.5.4 upgrade.no issues at all for me.
I use a tripltek android based tablet.

Well, I have flown at least a few times using this 1.5.4-1390 and it does seem better (so far) than 1.5.4-1365. 1365 crashed so much I was shocked I could get anything done really... And while 1390 has crashed on me, it's only been a handful of times... Granted I also no longer fly daily :( I'd say in total, I have had ~4 seemingly random crashes with 1390....

I don't recall 1.5.1-2025 (or 2005) crashing on me at all. I am also "new enough" that I don't go back any further than 1.5.1-2005 (that was the current version when I first started flying)...

Then again, when I was (brand) "new", I also didn't use ANY "automated features" as I wanted to learn everything *manually*... I didn't use, and for the most part pretended things didn't exist, like RTH, "quickshots", ETC... IDK if that may have something to do with it too? Because the first time I had problems with 1.5.4-1365 crashing was once I was comfortable flying manually, and had decided to start "playing" with quickshots..!

1.5.4-1390 - absolutely no problems or crashes on the Smart Controller. Flown several missions with the Air2s. For once, everything I expected works. There is only one lingering problem relating to White Balance. When set to HLG mode (all I use) I see a difference when switching between Auto and Manual. The difference is about +500 Kelvin from the value displayed after switching to Manual. Not clear where this problem lies. It may well be an issue in the Air2s firmware and not the Fly app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet