DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly annual flying report

remotehorizons

Reactions
Site
remotehorizons.com
Over the last few weeks the Fly app has been asking me to ensure all flight records have been synced to the app. This was to facilitate DJI sending me an annual flight report.

I was really looking forward to receiving this but as of yet have heard nothing more about it.

Did anyone else get this through the app?

Thanks

I’ve seen that message. I’m not a participant and not willing to research what the message may involve.
Other things to do.

I'm not too sure what this may or may not entail being a new pilot myself, but I have already figured I would break down my use annually, on a personal level. I have only been flying since 30 NOV 2021 and have already logged 129 km (80.15688 miles) ~ 16.3 hours ~ 75 "total flights"... And I am already up to about 250GB in data/archive for 2021 alone ~ although that includes things such as my TRUST cert, and all my Part 107 study material too, the file size for all that "random stuff" pales in comparison to the massive collective file size of all the video and images taken while in flight...!

My plan is to archive and then "wipe" any data (like flight logs) from my "drone phone", and log my flights activity (distance, time and # of flights) by year... Then I will know my distance, time, and number of flights - per year, on my own :)

But no, I have not seen anything in the app about syncing or an annual flight report... and I run DJI Fly 1.5.4 build 1390

At this rate (~250GB /2 months == ~1.46TB /year) though, I am going to have to buy a MASSIVE hard drive to archive all the data (video/pix/logs)..! Luckily for me, I do believe the current largest standalone drive (HDD) is either 18TB or 20TB, so that should last a good while :D An 18TB drive would store ~12-12.5 years worth of flying if I maintained the current usage rate :O Maybe I should store individual years on individual drives too? Then I could get away with a 2TB drive for per year, but then the physical stack of HDD's would start to pile up, and rather than having ~12 years on a single drive, I'd have a stack of 12 HDDs (but 2TB drives are SO cheap)... hmm, something to contemplate LOL...! I am just pretty sure I don't want to continue adding them to my existing digital archive (which is really only supposed to be for operating systems, software, work, and projects, not "media") of 20TB (2x 10TB drives)...

Well anyway, also, thank you for making me evaluate this now too since we just flipped a calendar year recently..! This is something I needed to take into account sooner or later..!

Over the last few weeks the Fly app has been asking me to ensure all flight records have been synced to the app. This was to facilitate DJI sending me an annual flight report.

I was really looking forward to receiving this but as of yet have heard nothing more about it.

Thanks

If you want to see 2021 flight report now, just open DJI Fly app, and click "Fly Spots" icon on top left corner. Once you have done that, there is a prompt to generate your flight report.

It's pretty much like a power point presentation with background music. Beyond the first page you do get summarized information, so if you have multiple DJI drones registered the report will be a summation of all flights of all drones combined.
A page/slide will look similar to this:
capture-001.jpg

Reactions: Bountoh

Thanks
I received my Fly report. It is quite interesting. As I use not only DJI Fly but DJI Pilots (M2E) and DJI Go4 (M2P & M2Z). It seems it is only about DJI Fly use. What I got is first flight date, first registered drone, total distance flown (all DJI Fly account drone registered), and "important" event like the day I took off 49 times (true!), total 2021 year DJI Fly community users distance flown. Just some facts nothing too personal. Best wishes 2022 everyone.

The pop up kept appearing every few days or so. Being a relative noob member , Sept 21 for the Mini 2, went along with it.
Not long after received the report.

It a little different from the stats shown in my profile for flight time, hours and distance.

Reactions: Bountoh
I just discovered the fly report today. I'm not sure how it gets its info but it only shows my drone taking off 2 times for a grand total of 2km flown throughout the year

I just discovered the fly report today. I'm not sure how it gets its info but it only shows my drone taking off 2 times for a grand total of 2km flown throughout the year
think you have to make sure it updates - sync flight data otherwise is does not know.

Saw the same thing in inspire Forum so it’s not just Fly App.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard