DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airdata question?

Mt-Ed

Reactions
i have a Mavic air 2 drone. I purchased it back in 2020. I flew it then, and again in 2021. My flight data was xfered to airdata without incident at those times. I hadn't been able to fly it since then, but did so just the other day. After multiple flights that day, I accessed airdata, only to find out there was no record of those flights? I have been maintaining all updates on my dji fly and airdata. I accessed the air data app, and even followed their instructions to manually xfer the flight logs. When I got into the dji folder looking for the flight records, only the files from 2020 and 2021 are there, which had snyced with airdata? I am baffled as to where, if at all, my most recent flight records might be? Might there have been some changes over the last few years that changed the flight record locations? I've contacted airadata, and their response was somewhat generic, stating that their app is designed to sync up with dji fly (and others) seamlessly. They also offed a more thorough examination should I provide more detailed info such as app versions, and hardware model and operating sys. verisions (which I will be doing). I just thought I'd run my issue here as well in case anyone else has had a similar experience? Thanks for any help/advice anyone may be able to provide!!

...Might there have been some changes over the last few years that changed the flight record locations?
If you have an Android, then yes... the new location is:
Device internal memory/Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/FlightRecord

I've contacted airadata, and their response was somewhat generic, stating that their app is designed to sync up with dji fly (and others) seamlessly.
That's wrong... Airdata doesn't sync with the DJI Fly app directly, they sync with the DJI cloud service. So if something (an update or you) have turned off auto sync in the app nothing will turn up in Airdata.

Go here in the app... Profile > Settings > Sync flight data, there you will find the below. Make sure it turned on...

1700762561336.png

Reactions: MS Coast
It links seamlessly with dji fly if you have a smart controller or the like that you have the airdata installed on... I have a smart controller, and after I am done flying, all I have to do is open the airdata app and it automatically syncs the latest flights... On my phantom 4 standard, with my iPad, I had to ensure that I synced the flights with the dji app first, then fire up airdata and do the sync there as well.

It links seamlessly with dji fly if you have a smart controller...
It doesn't necessarily mean that the Airdata app syncs directly with the DJI Fly app, this as the default setting in the DJI Fly app is to auto sync to the DJI cloud service (as soon as the device goes online). The only thing that would give a correct pointer, is if a new flight shows up in the Airdata app while the Smart controller is offline.

Have your SC been offline the whole time between the log creation in the DJI Fly app & when it can be seen in the Airdata app?

It doesn't necessarily mean that the Airdata app syncs directly with the DJI Fly app, this as the default setting in the DJI Fly app is to sync to the DJI cloud service (as soon as the device goes online). The only thing that would give a correct pointer, is if a new flight shows up in the Airdata app while the Smart controller is offline.

Have your SC been offline the whole time between the log creation in the DJI Fly app & when it can be seen in the Airdata app?
The airdata app syncs the files that are created on your controller by your fly app... I know this because I spent a month troubleshooting problems with them that happened when you had an memory card in the controller, it broke the sync, because the files were being stored in a different location.

SLUP, thank you so much for your direction. I found my data per your instructions, and manually uploaded them to airdata. I am ecstatic that those files were not lost!!! I also double checked all of my settings and it "appeares" that everything is "now" set to sync? I very well may have NOT had my settings set properly when I flew the other day, and it was only after the files didn't upload automtically (as they had before), that I just might have gone in and fixed them at that time. I haven't had time to fly again (waiting for the blizzard to end) but am hoping I can get out this weekend to do a double check on everything. At worst, I can always manually upload, now that I know where to find my flightlogs! Again, I am immensely grateful for your help and direction......I would have never found those files otherwise!!!!

Reactions: slup
The airdata app syncs the files that are created on your controller by your fly app... I know this because I spent a month troubleshooting problems with them that happened when you had an memory card in the controller, it broke the sync, because the files were being stored in a different location.
So... you're saying that all syncs even though your SC is offline?

So... you're saying that all syncs even though your SC is offline?
No, I am saying that the airdata app on your SC reads the flight logs off of the controller (that are created by fly app) and uploads them to airdatas website.... You do not have to sync your logs with the fly app first... just go into the airdata app after your flight and it will sync the files from the controller to their site.

No, I am saying that the airdata app on your SC reads the flight logs off of the controller (that are created by fly app) and uploads them to airdatas website.... You do not have to sync your logs with the fly app first... just go into the airdata app after your flight and it will sync the files from the controller to their site.
I guess if you are wondering about offline, think this scenario... You go and fly with the DJI Fly app.... You are NOT connected to the internet.... Close the fly app, and then open the airdata app.... Your data will show up in the airdata app, but will not be uploaded to the website until you are online and open the airdata app

HPP, thank you for you advice as well! After my flights, I came home and downloaded my SD card to an external HD and deleted the SD card. I then, later in the day, went into Airdata and couldn't find anything. Next time, right after my flights, I'll open AD to see if my flight files will then upload to AD? As i stated to SLUP, my files are on my samsung android tablet, as well as DJI fly and Air data so, it would appear to me that everything is on the same device and i just need to figure out how to get AD to find it!! Thanks again for your help!

I guess if you are wondering about offline, think this scenario... You go and fly with the DJI Fly app.... You are NOT connected to the internet.... Close the fly app, and then open the airdata app.... Your data will show up in the airdata app, but will not be uploaded to the website until you are online and open the airdata app
So you have experienced a log transfer (or sync) between the Fly & Airdata app while being off line the whole time then... it's unclear when you write "scenario". The detail you mention about just closing the Fly app & then maybe go online isn't a guarantee for that nothing gets uploaded through a Android (SC is Android based) background process upload queue remaining from the fly app, guess a total restart of the SC would clean such thing's if they exist.

@Mt-Ed ... if the apps really syncs without any involvement of the DJI cloud service, as mentioned by @horsepowerphoto , then maybe you should try a reinstall of both apps & see if that change anything when you fly the next time (just copy those log files from the location I told you to another place if you want to keep them).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne