DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FLY App - Maps not working

PlateStacker

Reactions
Mavic Mini (All firmware updated)
DJI FLY APP (latest update, reinstalled trying to solve issue to no avail)
Phone: LG G7 ThinQ (Top Spec Flagship). Andrioid 9.xx (Nearly latest OS)
Tablet: 2018 iPad 9.7" (Maps WORKS on this device)

In the DJI Fly App, the small map appears, I tap it and it opens to a slightly larger size. However, once I do that, the map is locked up. No input from myself does anything. I can't expand it fullscreen, I can't shrink back to small size. Nothing. I am forced to exit to the main Splash screen and go back into "Go Fly", just to get it return to small size again.

✴Now, on my iOS version of DJI FLY App on my iPad.. the maps work perfect. However, the label "MapBox" is not present on the iOS version of the App, just the Android version (which does not work). Me thinks it's this "Mapbox" crap that is screwing up.✴

I've reinstalled the App a few times. I really do not want to rollback the App to a previous version if I don't have to. I'm.. like most here, a tech guy.. so I'm pretty sure it's nothing I've got wrong on my end.

Yes having same problem just got my air 2 and map is just frozen
Pretty lame. Seems like many o' pilots are having this issue. And it sounds like a pretty simple fix. I'm not sure why DJI is failing to roll out a simple patch or firmware update for this very serious problem.

If my Mavic decides to take flight to another dimension, take a random swim, or commit suicide into a slab of pavement... on account of this issue... Imma be pissed.

Pretty lame. Seems like many o' pilots are having this issue. And it sounds like a pretty simple fix. I'm not sure why DJI is failing to roll out a simple patch or firmware update for this very serious problem.

If my Mavic decides to take flight to another dimension, take a random swim, or commit suicide into a slab of pavement... on account of this issue... Imma be pissed.
I fixed it. Just Google "apk mirior dji fly" and download a previous version of app. Also they have a newer updated version on the site I found.

I fixed it. Just Google "apk mirior dji fly" and download a previous version of app. Also they have a newer updated version on the site I found.
Like I said, I really do not want to roll back the firmware. There could be big flaws within prior firmware that have been updated. I could be putting my mavic in a worse position doing that. Also, all is on their site last week and downloaded an APK file and for some reason couldn't get the run. I had to go to work and didn't spend much time with it but it wasn't and easy install.
I've got all my devices lockdown to not download or install APK files, especially from unknown sources.

although I will check the site again and if there is truly a new firmware version, I will download it and try to install. But I just checked the play store and there are no updates on there.

Did you use a PC/MAC with that APK file or did you do it directly with your phone?

That's the one I used and they even have a more updated version than the Google play store. I was also scared to use 3rd party apps like that but it has not given me any problems. That site is usually safe in my experience.

That's the one I used and they even have a more updated version than the Google play store. I was also scared to use 3rd party apps like that but it has not given me any problems. That site is usually safe in my experience.
I just downloaded straight from my phone

Can someone link me with a the newest DJI Fly app version(1.1.4?)? Obviously the app store doesn't have it, I went onto dji's website and downloaded their DJI fly app APK, installed it, and it was still the 1.1.2... and still sans maps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78