DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji fly app new version 1.4.12 (1410-official)

Can you post a screenshot with the compass display with drone/controller visible?
Do you confirm that the problems have been solved? Thanks for the info.
I can confirm the Compass Indicator is working now, as well as uploads to Airdata.

I rolled back app ver. 1.4.8 to 1.4.4 awhile back because of the constant app crashing in 1.4.8. Hopefully ver. 1.4.12 solves that, but more testing is required.

Cheers!

A thousand thanks! if everything works correctly, I will upgrade to 1.4.12 currently I'm happy with Beta 1.4.8 (1185) very stable compared to previous versions, at least for me.

Reactions: Dbez1 and jay2020
If I just updated yesterday should I update again today or will it just work automatically you think?
Thanks

I just updated and did a test flight. I noticed the compass is moving now, it wasn’t before, BUT the orientation is not accurate. I recalibrated both the control and drone and shut them both down and turned back on yet same thing. The orientation is if I am standing behind the drone or to the side of it yet I’m standing right in front. The arrows aren’t lining correctly to my orientation. The latency issue seems to be resolved though. Anyone else get what I’m saying or having this happen?

As a data point, 1.4.8 on my Smart Controller has been very stable.

As a side note - anyone know where I can find v1.4.8 (or other versions for Android) on the DJI website?
I did the wifi update last time and don't have a copy of what's working; so if I go to 1.4.12 and it doesn't work, I have no way to downrev.

Reactions: jay2020
So no one has an answer?
Hey Guys I talked to DJI SUPPORT on TWITTER last night and he said that the engineers are working on a fix for the compass issue on the update version 1.4.12 and they should have it out soon and that's probably why they have not done the update yet for IOS so stay tuned I'll ask them about it again over the weekend if it has not been fixed God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Hey Guys I talked to DJI SUPPORT on TWITTER last night and he said that the engineers are working on a fix for the compass issue on the update version 1.4.12 and they should have it out soon and that's probably why they have not done the update yet for IOS so stay tuned I'll ask them about it again over the weekend if it has not been fixed God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.
The update is already available .. DJI replied saying:

Furthermore, as your concern already reported, we got an update, new information wherein, our Engineers are able to locate the issue and the fixed version has been updated on DJI official website, here is the link DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI. Therefore, it is recommended to re-install the app from the website to solve this issue:

Hope this informs you.
Thank you for understandinga nd for choosing DJI products.
Stay safe.
Best Regards,
Antonette
DJI Customer Support

Reactions: db4476 and CLAYB.7

Furthermore, as your concern already reported, we got an update, new information wherein, our Engineers are able to locate the issue and the fixed version has been updated on DJI official website, here is the link DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI. Therefore, it is recommended to re-install the app from the website to solve this issue:

Hope this informs you.
Stay safe.
Best Regards,
Antonette

Hope this informs you.
Stay safe.
Best Regards,
Antonette
DJI Customer Support

Thanks for pursuing this with DJI and sharing the information here.

Thanks for pursuing this with DJI and sharing the information here.

I installed the updated update today (Android, Air 2S, Samsung Tab S53) and had no problems. The controller location (blue dot) is showing on the compass again. Also, they seem to have fixed the problem with the drone/controller starting up in sport mode even when the controller switch is set to cine mode.

It's extremely disconcerting that DJI releases an app update with such an apparent flaw. I can't understand how they could test the update without running across that controller location problem. It makes it difficult to have confidence in them.

on the downloadsite from dji new version compas working and log date is uploading again to airdata enz.
Hey Guys I just downloaded the newest version of the DJI FLY APP UPDATE which is now 1.4.12 BUILD NO. 1420 and I am charging my battery now to go and test it out to see what is working and what is not I know that in BUILD NO. 1410 the compass was working again so stay tuned and God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Reactions: Kentucky Ranger
led stil not working stays solid green

Reactions: CLAYB.7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU