DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app screen size

RParker762

Reactions
Is there a way to make the image view full screen on the fly app? This is all I get... (ignore the red arrow with the circle ) ( Sorry, this is my Air 2 )

Screenshot_20201026-140230_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
What device are you using ?

If you're asking to have the live video feed from the MA2 to fill the entire screen, then the Fly app would have to crop the image. You're in photo mode so the the aspect ratio is 4:3 and the screen you're using looks like a 20:9 aspect ratio (I have a Samsung A71 with a 20:9 aspect ratio, looks similar). It's kinda like fitting a square peg in a round hole, you have to cut the corners off to make it fit. So no, the Fly app doesn't have the option to crop the feed for full screen viewing. Now if you have a 16:9 aspect ratio screen and switch to video mode, then the live feed should fill the screen as video is outputted in the 16:9 aspect ratio as well.

Reactions: dirkclod
As Pappy says change the photo settings to 16:9 aspect ratio

If you're asking to have the live video feed from the MA2 to fill the entire screen, then the Fly app would have to crop the image. You're in photo mode so the the aspect ratio is 4:3 and the screen you're using looks like a 20:9 aspect ratio (I have a Samsung A71 with a 20:9 aspect ratio, looks similar). It's kinda like fitting a square peg in a round hole, you have to cut the corners off to make it fit. So no, the Fly app doesn't have the option to crop the feed for full screen viewing. Now if you have a 16:9 aspect ratio screen and switch to video mode, then the live feed should fill the screen as video is outputted in the 16:9 aspect ratio as well.
Thanks for the info. The device is my Note 10+

How do you change the aspect ratio. My screen use to be full but now it is not.

How do you change the aspect ratio. My screen use to be full but now it is not.
As far as I know the aspect ratio used by the Fly app cannot be changed. I'm sure it looks at the aspect ratio from the OS and adjusts the Fly display to fit the screen.

As far as I know the aspect ratio used by the Fly app cannot be changed. I'm sure it looks at the aspect ratio from the OS and adjusts the Fly display to fit the screen.
Most be something new. Because I use to be able to adjust it to full screen. No black
Sides at all

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan